Austin Babies

Help- birthday party this Saturday!

We are having DS one year birthday party this Saturday and I didn't really think about doing activities or games beforehand.  It's more just a hang-out BBQ and now it's turning out to be a rather large party with a varying age group of kids.  I know DS little friends close to his age will play with his toys.  There will be a few 3 year olds there and I'm hoping they will be still be interested in some of DS toys or birthday presents (we are giving him a slide and sandbox)... will they?  Then there will be approx. 8 other kids there ranging from 5-15.  What in the world can I offer for these kids to do?  My mom thought about bringing a couple of movies in case they got bored (Marlee and Me or Bedtime Stories), but I don't know how fun just hanging and watching a movie would be.  Obviously, I'm clueless and need some suggestions!!  (And easy stuff that I can pull together in just 2 days).

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Re: Help- birthday party this Saturday!

• What about some kind of art project? Paper, markers, crayons, glue, scissors, tape, construction paper, etc are pretty inexpensive (you probably have some of these things at home already and you can save the leftovers for DS) and can be bought at the grocery store, Walmart, Target, etc.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you wanted a specific project idea, maybe you could suggest Mother's Day cards since it is on May 10th.

You could also pick up some kind of crafty thing (make your own necklace, paint some sort of wooden thing) at a craft store or Walmart for the older kids.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Weather should be good this weekend...I would through a swimming pool outside and let them go at it.
  • I second the crafts idea.

Or you could set up a horseshoe or bean bag toss game.

I wouldn't show Marley and Me though, you'll have a lot of sad kiddos walking around after that one.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"