Baby Names

wdyt: Brooks

Our DS is going to be Charlie, but Brooks has always been a favorite of mine for a boy. ?I'm not going with it because I think it has too much potential for girly nicknames (I know I'll end up calling him Brookie and I think it's too easy to pick on). ?WDYT??
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: wdyt: Brooks

• Agreed, kind of girly.  You could us it as a mn, though.  Charles Brooks is nice.
  • Can u use it as a mn? I think Charlie Brooks is cute
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree mn nm would be perfect!
  • My niece is Brooke so when I see/hear Brooks, I automatically think girls name.  I like Charles/Charlie better.
  • I saw that it is the name of Andrew Firestone's new baby and thought the same thing... sounds too feminine. Charlie is cute!
    ??Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Brooks to me is a great boy's name. It's a totally different name from Brook/e. Unless you really don't think you can resist calling him "Brookie," in which case don't use it. 
  • Brooks is my maiden name and we decided that if we had/have a boy somewhere down the line, we will use this as a middle name. DH likes it a lot. Charlie is cute.
  • I knew a guy named Brooks in HS.  I think it's nice.
  • One of my best guy friends in HS was named Brooks.

I loved that name. I wanted to put it on our list but Dh thinks it's too girly.

• imageiluvtom:
    Can u use it as a mn? I think Charlie Brooks is cute

This.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know a professional baseball player named Brooks Conrad. ?He's pretty manly--and Irish! I never once thought he (or his name--eye roll) were feminine or related to "Brooke." ?

I guess obviously I like that name. :) ?

• I LOVE this name..It was my middle name choice, but our last name ends in  -ss, so too many s's for us...
  • I love Brooks.  Charlie Brooks is a great name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it could work as a middle name. It is a little girly and it reminds me of the running shoe, so I wouldn't use it as a first name.
  • I know a guy named Brooks and like it as a boy name but I think that's only because he was really cute and nice.  I think it is too close to Brooke and could only be gotten away with on certain personalities.
  • oooo, I am so tempted by Charlie (Charles) Brooks now, but we are pretty locked in on DH's name as the mn. ?Love the idea though....I will hold on to that one for the next baby! ?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • i love brooks. go for it.
  • I don't like Brooks. The letter s bothers me, it just doesn't sound like a first name. I once knew a guy named Brook, but I imagine he was given a hard time about it growing up. I definitely like your choice of Charlie though :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I met a guy named Brooks a few months ago and I told DH that I wish that had been on our name list when we had our son.  I think it's a great name and not girly at all. 
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• LMS05LMS05 member
    Not a fan. I have a friend with the last name Brooks so it's a surname to me.?
  • I love the name Brooks for a boy.  Brooks Robinson, he's not girly!!

DH loves it too but 1) we're having a girl and 2) his (and the baby's) last name starts with a B and he is opposed to having 2 b's-- quack ; )

• imageiluvtom:
    Can u use it as a mn? I think Charlie Brooks is cute

I agree. ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My parents were going to name my brother Brooks because they are baseball fans, and because during labor, my father would tell my mother to "play through the pain" like Brooks Robinson did.  Now that I'm pregnant, I think I'd choke my DH if he told me to play through the pain while I was in labor, but they are both baseball nuts, so it probably wasn't as annoying as it sounds.

Long story short, I've always liked it for a boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"