Georgia Babies

What could this be?

Gavin had a fever all night.  I alternated tylenol and motrin to keep it under control- it was still 99-100 all night but that's fine with me.  But now, no fever.  He's happy and playing and eating well.  I am just baffled.  Normally I would just wait it out and figure that his body was fighting it off- but since we have the appointment already and I'm home from work, might as well go.  Any idea what this might be? 

Re: What could this be?

• How about his teeth?
  • That's what I was going to say, is he teething? Finn gets a low grade fever at times with teething and it goes as quickly as it comes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I have thought he was working on molars for a while but he's never gotten a fever from teething before.  I mean it, he's just not a fever kid.  It's so frustrating b/c I never know when he's really sick or not. 

• I think molars are a whole nother ball game :)  At least for me they have been. 
  • Teething or virus!

• Its probably a virus.  More symptoms may follow.  P had a fever from her shots but then a couple days later started with the cold symptoms.  Also, a couple months ago she spiked fever and was crying uncontrollably like she was uncomfy and then she started a rash.  It was Roseola, which seems to be making the rounds.
  • my guess is teething too. hunter had no issues at all with any teeth, but as soon as those molars started coming in, he had one day that he ran a slight fever, and the next day it was gone.
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
  • He probably has a viral infection.  Maggie had a 104 fever yesterday afternoon and today it is 102.5.  I think it is a 24 hour thing.  If gavin only had a fever of 99-100 (which the drs don't consider it a fever till 100.8) the whole time than I would say teeth, but you really shouldn't get a above 102 with teeth.  I am not a Dr just from my experience that is what I know.  If he gets a rash after a fever it is a viral infection.  I hope he is feeling better.  It sucks to hav e a sick kid with all this swine talk!
  • See my answer in your post below.  Mystery virus going around. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"