Stay at Home Moms
Options

? re: email from person who has wrong address

I keep getting an email from a guy who thinks he knows me. It is obviously the wrong email address. I sounds genuine- the guy is sending info about a chirstening party this weekend. I blocked him on Gmail and had it sent directly to my trash. I just checked the trash and he emailed again with the same email from last night saying "here it is again"

I am tempted to email him and say he has the wrong person- but I am worried that it might be a scam of some sort to get me to email him back? WDYT? Am I over thinking it?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ? re: email from person who has wrong address

• Options
    I would probably just email him back and tell him he's got the wrong email.  Just don't give him any personal information from you, and make sure that your signature (if you have one) doesn't give anything revealing away.  Poor guy!
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • Options

imagecooperl788:
    I would probably just email him back and tell him he's got the wrong email.  Just don't give him any personal information from you, and make sure that your signature (if you have one) doesn't give anything revealing away.  Poor guy!

Ditto. I get messages for someone who has the same name as I do and apparently her email addy is similar to mine. I don't know hers, but I just reply and say they have the wrong address. It's work related (her work, obviously) so I don't think it's a scam.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I send out e-mails to parents' of my students every few days.  After 6 months of doing so, I received an irate e-mail back from a person who had been receiving them by mistake for months.

I would have appreciated them letting me know sooner.  The poor parents missed out on all the info all year!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"