Baby Names
Options

rosemary

i usually hate names that everyone has heard of and the ones i do like are so popular now that grandma-generation names are back in style. that in combination with the flower/nature name craze makes me nervous about the popularity of rosemary. it was #720 in 2007.

do you think this name will become a lot more popular in the next few years?

FYI: it was most popular (#91) in the 1940's

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: rosemary

• Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    Maybe. I like it, but would never use it.?
  • Options
    It might gain popularity, but I think I like it.  The only thing I don't like is that I can see most people shortening it to Rose or Mary.  I would want to insist that she always be called Rosemary, but I don't see that happening.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrsekins:
    It might gain popularity, but I think I like it.  The only thing I don't like is that I can see most people shortening it to Rose or Mary.  I would want to insist that she always be called Rosemary, but I don't see that happening.
    i would too, although rosie isn't bad. with my friends who have longer names like katherine, there hasn't ever been a problem with unwanted nn's so i wouldn't be too worried about it.
  • Options
    I think the whole "Rosemary's Baby" thing pretty much much the cabash on any waves of popularity.  btw.. I think it's technically an herb.
  • Options
    image2linesin09:
    I think the whole "Rosemary's Baby" thing pretty much much the cabash on any waves of popularity.  btw.. I think it's technically an herb.
    yes i know it's an herb, dh puts it on everything! i meant the "rose" part combined with the traditional name mary.
  • Options
    I love it.  I think it's such a pretty name and I don't think it will be popular anytime soon.  If I wasn't Jewish, it would have been a name I strongly considered.
  • Options
    I don't like it, It seems really old fashioned to me. Like old lady-ish.
  • Options
    No, I can't see it becoming popular.
  • Options
    I love it and would really like to use it as a middle name, but DH is not on board.  It's nowhere on the charts, I know that can change...but really I don't see it getting popular anytime soon. GL!
  • Options
    I don't think it will become popular at all.  It was my grandma's name.  The only nickname she had was Rosebud.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options
    it's ok.  It seems kind of baby-boomerish.  Since Depression era names are so big now, maybe Rosemary will be popular in a few more years. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"