Alabama Babies

Hville OB

Anyone have any recommendations? I have one in Florence and I want to find one up here.

Also what hospital do you prefer Crestwood or Huntsville Hospital?

Thanks

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers

Re: Hville OB

• I go to Clinic for Women (so does monica and kellie) and I see Dr. DeLisle. 
  • oh, and I had a terrible time at Huntsville Hospital - I probably will not deliver there again, but other people have  great reviews about it.

• Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Crestwood and LOVED it!  I also love my OBGYN.  Dr. Rachel Petersen (All Women's OB/GYN)...her partner, Dr. Aguayo is the Chief of Obstetrics at Crestwood.
  • I have an appointment with Dr. J.D Wheeler on May 8th! I will let you know after my appointment what I thought of him! But I have heard great things about the clinic for women!!

I also had that question about Huntsville and Crestwood! I think the doctors at The Clinic for Women deliver at both right???

• My OB was with the Clinic for Women, Dr. Rushing. Love him!

I delivered at Huntsville Hospital with no problems!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm like you Kellie, I have heard great things about the Clinic. I will probably try to find a OB there. Do the doctors let you come in for a consultation before you choose?
  • yes, they deliver at both hospitals.  when you're pg - you see your dr for the first trimester, and then you rotate doctors - so by the end of your pregnancy you get to at least meet all of the doctors at the clinic.  Who ever is on call the day you go into labor will deliver you.

For me, I needed a scheduled C-section so Dr. D was the one who delivered Avery.

I'm sure you can do a consult with the drs before you commit, but I have heard nothing but good things about teh clinic.  Dr. Delisle is actually the one dr that I have heard so so things about but for ME, I really liked him.  Whenever I had any questions/issues, he always saw me right away and never made me feel stupid.  He always gave me great peace of mind.  And his nurse Jennifer is a sweetheart.

• Clinic for Women is great.  I go to Dr. Bellmont, but I really like most of them.  I'd say Dr. Wheeler is probably my fave. 

I delivered both of my children at Hsv. Hospital, but I hear great things about Crestwood too.  If I were you, I would tour both to help you decide. 

• Thanks for all the great tips. I really think I will go look at both hospitals before I choose. I have herd nothing but great things about the Clinic. I appreciate all of your input!!!
  • I go to a doc in Madison...it's actually my original doc from Decatur that I have always went to and they just opened a second practice in Madison when they changed over from delivering at Decatur General to Huntsville Hospital. I really like the practice but of course it's all I know.

But before they opened that second one I had almost changed to the the clinic.  My SIL goes there and loves it.  

I'll be delivering at Huntsville.  My SIL delivered there and she had a pleasant experience.  I hope I'll have the same.  I was pretty impressed with their ER service today.  So I hope that's a good sign.  

Good luck!

• imagestar21gazer:

I go to a doc in Madison...it's actually my original doc from Decatur that I have always went to and they just opened a second practice in Madison when they changed over from delivering at Decatur General to Huntsville Hospital. I really like the practice but of course it's all I know.

But before they opened that second one I had almost changed to the the clinic.  My SIL goes there and loves it.  

I'll be delivering at Huntsville.  My SIL delivered there and she had a pleasant experience.  I hope I'll have the same.  I was pretty impressed with their ER service today.  So I hope that's a good sign.  

Good luck!

Is that the OBGYN and Associates? I go to the one in Florence. My OB there said there was some great OB's in Madison but I want to get personal experiences.

• I see Dr. Belmont at the Clinic for Women. I know he delivers at both crestwood and huntsville he also see patients at there Madison office. They let you see other docs in fact next week I am seeing Dr. Rushing.

I am going to deliver at Huntsville because it is literally a stones throw from our house so it is just more convenient.

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageAllisonLeigh:

I see Dr. Belmont at the Clinic for Women. I know he delivers at both crestwood and huntsville he also see patients at there Madison office. They let you see other docs in fact next week I am seeing Dr. Rushing.

I am going to deliver at Huntsville because it is literally a stones throw from our house so it is just more convenient.

I forgot to mention this. I have my Dr. visits at the Madison location on Hughes Rd so they are pretty convenient to everyone. Good Luck!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageErin&Gregg07:
    imagestar21gazer:

I go to a doc in Madison...it's actually my original doc from Decatur that I have always went to and they just opened a second practice in Madison when they changed over from delivering at Decatur General to Huntsville Hospital. I really like the practice but of course it's all I know.

Good luck!

Is that the OBGYN and Associates? I go to the one in Florence. My OB there said there was some great OB's in Madison but I want to get personal experiences.

Yes it's OBGYN Associates.  I have been seeing Dr. Purvis every appointment and after I have my Big U/S I'll rotate through the remaining ones so I know all of them by the time I deliver.  I really like Dr. Purvis.  I have been going to them since I started seeing a gyno and I also like Dr. Spangler.  I haven't seen the others yet but I will.   I like the practice a lot...never had any complaints. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"