Baby Names

Need a f/n with Caroline as a m/n

We are pretty set on using Caroline as a m/n (Family name- I like it for a f/n but DH does not).

I need help with first names though... We've tossed around these. Last name starts with a B (German)

Sophia (Sophie) (but I feel it's really popular)

Isabella (same thing- too popular)

Audrey- my favorite (and my mom's name- but DH hates Audrey)

We like the name Eleanor (Ellie or Nora as a nn but don't think Eleanor Caroline flows...) 

DH's favorite is Bridget (which is totally NMS and I really don't want to use!) 

Any ideas? I feel like we're going to bring home a nameless baby!!

Re: Need a f/n with Caroline as a m/n

• I like Audrey the best of those.

Other suggestions: Amelia, Addison, Alice, Evelyn, Gabrielle, Ashley, Georgia, Ivy, Annelise, Davina, Andrea, Georgianna, Michelle, Ida, Maya.

• I like Audrey or Sophia best. I never hear the name Sophia and I did work in a day care before i got pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    What about Helena, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Catherine, Julia, Felicity, Jillian, or Melanie?
  • i LOVE caroline. if you're into german names, anneliese, magdalena, or margot might be cute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Audrey, too. I put that and Caroline in nymbler and got some of these that I think are pretty (some of these are my faves, actually!)

?Julia Caroline

Lydia Caroline

Anna Caroline

Victoria Caroline

Alexandra Caroline

Rebecca Caroline

Rachel Caroline

Jocelyn Caroline

?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think it's hard to come up with first names because most names have a longer first name and a shorter middle name (i.e. Olivia Kate, Elizabeth Anne, etc.). I think if you use Caroline, you'll need a shorter first name to balance it out...

Reese Caroline, Lila Caroline, Juliet Caroline, Lillian (Lily) Caroline, Lucy Caroline, Laila Caroline, Olivia Caroline, Lydia Caroline, Leah Caroline. I think L names sound good with Caroline, apparently!

I'm one of the few (like your Dh) that isn't a big fan of Audrey. I think most people think of Audrey Hepburn, but for some reason I think of "tawdry." I like all of your other choices, though. You can't go wrong with the classic names you picked.

Good luck!

• If you are going to choose a name DH doesn't like, then pick Caroline over Audrey.  :-) 

Unfortunately I am not a fan of any of your choices.  I agree that Sophie and Isabella are too popular, Eleanor doesn't flow and Bridget isn't a good choice.

If you like Eleanor, how about Ella Caroline which flows better?  I also like Vivienne, Lila, Juliet.

• What about Eleanora Caroline?  I think that flows a little better and if you like Eleanore it could work.  I like it myself.  Sophia is pretty too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"