Adoption

Topic Ideas (i.e. HTT, MOTMM, etc)

I'm really enjoying all the varied topics on the adoption board and I'm glad to see the board picking up speed a bit.  So far we do a regular HTT (Hot Topic Tuesday) and a GTKYF (Get to Know You Friday).  When I remember I usually post a MOTMM topic (Meeting of the Minds Monday), a Hump Day Happiness is... (Wednesday), and Thankful Thursday post.  Here are some other ideas that I have been thinking about...anyone interested or have other ideas to share?

Adoption Story - Just like people post birth stories on the other board, I thought adoption stories would be a great thing for all of us to learn about and from each other.  You could post this whenever you felt like...in a GTKYF post, a separate post after placement or finalization, etc.

POTW - Picture of the Week entry threads are popular on the other boards.  I try to remember to post a picture GTKYF, but we could make this a separate thing.  Not sure if we want to do the whole voting thing, or just enjoy each other's pictures.  What kind of themes would we post to? (Here are my ideas...wedding picture, picture of your pet, picture of your home town, picture of where you currently live, favorite vacation spot, childhood, Now and Then, etc)

Update Monday - It seems everyone gives an update on Monday after the weekend.  It could be a weekly thing...court dates set, homestudies done, social worker visits complete, background checks done, documents translated, placement, etc.

Re: Topic Ideas (i.e. HTT, MOTMM, etc)

• Besides the fact that I am so busy at work these days I can't keep up with the adoption board anymore, I would love all these ideas!
  • imageSally J:
      Adoption Story - Just like people post birth stories on the other board, I thought adoption stories would be a great thing for all of us to learn about and from each other.  You could post this whenever you felt like...in a GTKYF post, a separate post after placement or finalization, etc.

I like this idea, you're right, people post their wedding proposal or birth stories all the time, I think it'd be neat to hear the adoption stories!

imageSally J:
    POTW - Picture of the Week entry threads are popular on the other boards.  I try to remember to post a picture GTKYF, but we could make this a separate thing.  Not sure if we want to do the whole voting thing, or just enjoy each other's pictures.  What kind of themes would we post to? (Here are my ideas...wedding picture, picture of your pet, picture of your home town, picture of where you currently live, favorite vacation spot, childhood, Now and Then, etc) 

:(  For the life of me, I can never figure out how to put a picture in a post. I know that people post directions but I still seem to mess it up! 

imageSally J:
    Update Monday - It seems everyone gives an update on Monday after the weekend.  It could be a weekly thing...court dates set, homestudies done, social worker visits complete, background checks done, documents translated, placement, etc.

I really like this idea, doesn't matter what day of the week it is -- just having an update day so we all can send well wishes, prayers and happy thoughts to those who need them. 

• Loading the player...
  • I love the idea of adoptions stories. ?I think it would give those of us at varying points in the process a lot of encouragement. ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"