Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

What to expect at 2w follow up?

I have an appointment to see my doctor this afternoon for my two week follow up. What can I expect? She didn't really tell me what we'll be doing. I had a D&C so I'm not sure what there is to be followed up on, I've had no complications.

TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

Re: What to expect at 2w follow up?

• Options
    My doctor just wanted to go over everything and answer any questions I had.  He did not do an exam.  Just said that he likes to meet with patients because you might not retain all the information they tell you at the appt you find out you lost the baby. 
  • Options
    Ditto PP. My doctor did a quick internal just to check that my uterus was back to pre-pg size, but most of the visit was mostly a check for me and a chance for me to ask questions. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

they just did some bloodwork and an exam. then we asked a buttload of questions. not too bad. i was glad to get it over with so i could move on.

• Options

You're probably had your appt by now, but I had mine yesterday morning so I thought I'd share.

My doctor did an u/s to make sure everything is looking good, but I'm seeing a Reproductive Endrcrinologist due to conception issues we have, so I might be more closely monitored than others. I also had the opportunity to ask lots of questions now that things aren't so raw and stressful. It just felt like an extra step of closure to really let me know my body is healing and we can try again soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"