Preemies
Options

1 yr and still on formula

Anyone else been in this boat before too??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1 yr and still on formula

• Options
    Brendan isn't one yet but his pediatrician said at his 10 month check up that he will be on formula for a couple months after he turns one. ?He still needs the extra calories. ?
  • Options
    ijackijack member
    Yep, DD is 13 months and will be on formula/BM until at least her 1st adjusted bday.
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are! Max's pedi had us stay on Neosure until he turned 1 actual, and he'll be on regular (purple can Target brand) formula until he's 1 adjusted (July) and then we'll switch to WCM.

I'm not complaining, because Max still isn't very interested in food and his first tooth just cut last week, so we're taking it slow.

If it was unhealthy for him to still be on formula, I'd change it, but it's not.

• Options

Robbie will be.

Even if he didn't have the eating issues he has, our doctor would want him on formula or bm until a year adjusted.

Since Robbie doesn't really eat, he'll probably be on formula for a LONG time.

• Options
    mcdevmcdev member
    My girl is on it still too and she is ONE today! ?I don't see them taking her off it any time soon, but I am assuming maybe on her adjusted birthday?
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Options
    Our pedi has said Brandon will be on formula until he is 1 year old adjusted.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    We're staying on formula for the time being.  The plan right now is to stay on Neocate until about 14 months and then switch to neocate jr since it doesn't look like his milk intolerance has cleared up yet.
  • Options
    My Daughter is almost 21 months and is still on formula. Her doctors say that it might be till she is 2 1/2 before we can take her off. I've got her on the Similac Go & Grow Soy, I have to say that she loves it, and its helped so much because of the formula its helped with her reflux and over all growing.
  • Options

DS turned 1 on 3/23, but will be on formula until his adjusted first birthday which is 7/7. His 15 month well-visit is at the end of June so most likely that is when they will give us the okay to switch to whole milk.

DS does pretty well with weight gain (already 20 pounds) and has never had any issues with gaining so they are just doing it for his digestive system more than anything.

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• Options

We didn't switch to cow's milk until after their adjusted birthday, and for awhile we fortified L's milk with formula to boost the calories.

His growth has slowed waaaay down since making the switch, and I'm kinda scared to see what the pedi says @ their 18 month checkup in a couple of weeks.

• Options
    I've been there!  DS was on EnfaCare until he was 18 months actual - we even made the switch to cow's milk at that time without getting the ok from any doctor or nutritionist, we just decided it was "enough already" and that he's a lightweight no matter what we do :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"