2nd Trimester
Options

On Orangejello and Lemonjello

https://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp

I just don't think they're for real.  I'm starting to question Le-a too - everyone here seems to know her or know of her.  And they claim there are twins called LaWasha and LaDrya.  I DO actually know twins named Viet and Nam...but I haven't seen proof of the others. 

Re: On Orangejello and Lemonjello

• Options
    Mmmm .... Limoncello martinis ....
  • Options

::Lurker butting in::

I knew them.  They went to my college.  I think they spelled their name's slightly different, but they def. existed.

::butting out::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unfortunately, these names are more common than you think. My best friend's mom had 2 brothers in her special education class named Orangejello and Lemonjello. Crazy!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I call BS.  EVERYONE "knows" them.  Knows them turns out to be a brother's girlfriend's cousin's doctor's BFF.
  • Options

:::Butting in 1 more time::

Nope, they were in my lecture, def. remember their names on the roster.

::Out for good::

• Options
    imageGlowconsin:

:::Butting in 1 more time::

Nope, they were in my lecture, def. remember their names on the roster.

::Out for good::

That's different - you're personally vouching that you actually met them.   

• Options
    I met the boys when helping at field day...they were as sweet as can be, just unfortunate that their mom named them with those names.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My 8th grade teacher taught a Lemonjello and Orangejello (he spelled it Oranjello) she showed us the yearbook photos.  So I call her story true!
  • Options
    I think people are crazy and I wouldn't put it pass them. But DH went to school with a kid named Harry Dong- no lie he even has the yearbook to prove it. Then like sophomore year he changed his name to Jeffery or something.
  • Options
    My DH coached twin boys in HS football...and there names were Orangejello and Lemonjello....you wouldn't believe the names of some of the kids he taught.  One kid's name was shithead and pronounced "sha theed"...why parents would do this to their children is beyond me.
    After a loss at 13wks and years dealing with IF and failed treatments (3 failed IUI and 1 failed IVF), we have been blessed with DS (surprise BFP) and now his little sister (2nd round of clomid and TI) on her way. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"