North Carolina Babies

How Much to Spend For Shower Gift?

If you had a friend having twins, would you spend twice the amount you would normally spend for a shower gift? I am attending a shower of a friend this weekend, she lives out of state and we maybe see each other once a year. We have been friends since we are were 14, but I would not consider her a close friend (we email often, but do not talk on the phone).

I am considering spending what I would normally spend, even though it is twins. Would this be rude? The shower is about an hour and a half away, so I do have to drive a bit and babies/toddlers are NOT welcome, so I had to make arrangements for Ashley.

What do you think? Twice as much for twins or normal amount?

Thanks!

Re: How Much to Spend For Shower Gift?

• i would spend the same amt i would spend if she were only having one, and especially since you're not super close with her i wouldn't spend extra just bc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsLee04:
    Having twins, I only expected the same amount.  If I registered for 2 of something, I didn't expect someone to buy them both.  So no, I don't think it's rude! 

I was curious to hear your response (and MrsJones) since you both have twins! She did register for two of most things and I was not sure if I should just get her one or if she would be expecting two of everything. Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • If it was my BFF I'd probably buy 2 of something or spend double. But since you aren't that close I would spend the amount you usually spend.
  • I generally have an "amount" I will spend if it someone I am not super close with, I would stick with that amount, and just try to maximize what I could get for that amount.
  • i would say "no" on spending double. BUT also i would say do what you can afford.

better twins than quads+ huh? ;)
  • I would just spend what I normally would spend, especially since you have grown apart.

The only thing I would get double of is a book (and I would still get different ones)- but I always do a book instead of a card and sign that so the baby has a keepsake and it doesn't just get thrown away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"