North Carolina Babies
Options

What did you want to name your baby?

I wanted Tristan and H wanted Brian.  We ended up with Brayden.

Re: What did you want to name your baby?

• Options
    imageMrsLee04:

Names I liked for boys that I didn't use:  Nolan and Henry

Girls:  Madeline and Melanie

aww, thanks Smile

i named henry. i told DH that if he wanted to go through labor and push him out, he was welcome to the naming rights, but until then, he was henry.

for boys, i liked harry as well.

obviously we didn't have to name a girl, but she would've been caroline, even though i liked harper better.

• Options

I wanted Jake, DH wanted Matthew. Andrew was the tie breaker.

That was a funny line.....I wanted...he wanted.....we ended up with.....something not even close to what either of you wanted Tongue Tied

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Connor has always been Connor but other boy names that I love are Nolan, Waylen and Cohen.

A girl name that we actually agreed on was Ava but SIL named her 1st girl Ava.  Other girl names that I love are Naomi and Audrey.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Options
    Oh and we kicked around the name Kenan.  H played football at UNC so the name has some significance for us.  If we had a second son (which probably won't happen since we don't plan on having anymore children) we would name him Kenan.
  • Options

Not specifically for this baby, but I always loved the name Annie. DH quickly vetoed it in the early baby name conversations we had, before we were even married. He has red hair, and was sure our kid would be born with a red curly mop and would be ridiculed at school.. suuuuure.

I also loved the name Blair, but DH's only response to that was "How about Jo? How about Tootie?" Smartass. Plus, I went to school with a guy named Blair Hughes. So that woudln't work anyway. hehe.

For a boy, we're in agreement (if we have a boy) on my #1 name--Cooper. I also really liked Jonah and Finn, both of which got violently vetoed. (seriously, he hated both.....) Oh well!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

For a boy we both liked Eli, so there really wasn't any arguement there.  Except DH wanted to name him Avery after his g-pa, so we settled on that being his middle name.

For a girl I really wanted Emerson, but DH hates it!  He pretty much hated all my girl names, so if we have a girl the second time around, it will be interesting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I told DH that since our baby has "his" last name, I got to choose either the first or middle no matter what.  I also bet him that we were having a girl and she said we were having a boy, so if I won the bet, i got to choose both the first and middle name and if it were a boy then he would get the middle name...  Well we ended up with a girl, but we decided on the name together.  I wanted Sophia at first bc that's my grandmother's middle name, but it started getting really popular and DH wasn't a huge fan, so we nixed it.  Nora has my middle name that I gave up when I took his last name- Michelle.  We love her name and so does everyone else, so I'm really glad that we chose what we did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We were both settled on Caden then my stupid cousin had her baby a couple months before me and low and behold that the name she picked.  I like our boy name better anyway.  I also like Balin, but DH said, "you mean like BALIN hay, I don't think so."  So that was shot down.  

For a girl, it will always be Karleigh.  But, doubtful any more kiddos for us, so Karleigh will never be.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"