Adoption

SJP and surrogate

If you are looking to waste time, roll your eyes, and occassionally give a virtual high five, read the comments from EW.com

I love how readers who obviously know nothing about IF, surrogacy, and adoption are throwing opinions around like experts.

https://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/04/sarah-jessica-p.html

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months

Re: SJP and surrogate

• Of course, it makes me wonder what their "unsuccessful tries" were. IF treatments? Adoption considered, dismissed, fell through? Donor eggs/sperm?

It also makes me wonder how privy the "close friend" really is...

*shrugs*

• I really love how Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha had time to pop by and make comments! :)?
  • Loading the player...
  • Interesting.  I wanted to kick some, high five others, and tell the rest that it is really none of their business!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageDr.Loretta:

Of course, it makes me wonder what their "unsuccessful tries" were. IF treatments? Adoption considered, dismissed, fell through? Donor eggs/sperm?

It also makes me wonder how privy the "close friend" really is...

*shrugs*

I don't get why that matters or is anyone's business? I don't go around wearing a sign or telling everyone what my unsuccessful tries were (was it IF treatments, was it miscarriages, was unsuccessful attempts to become pg after months/years of trying to conceive - no one knows because it is my business) before beginning an adoption journey and hopefully one day myself a surrogacy journey.

Anyway - I think it is another one of those 'shrug' your shoulder kind of stories. I really don't care when stars are having babies (no matter how they have them). I do hope though that they give surrogacy the respect it deserves and do not feed or create stories for the media that perpetuate the stereotypes surrounding it, as so often happens with adoption.

• imagejacksjerseygirl:

I don't get why that matters or is anyone's business? I don't go around wearing a sign or telling everyone what my unsuccessful tries were (was it IF treatments, was it miscarriages, was unsuccessful attempts to become pg after months/years of trying to conceive - no one knows because it is my business) before beginning an adoption journey and hopefully one day myself a surrogacy journey.

Anyway - I think it is another one of those 'shrug' your shoulder kind of stories.

Hence the reason I shrugged. I'm naturally curious, and I'm on a lot of boards where I am inundated with personal details of people's fertility struggles, here included at times. It would be somewhat interesting to know, but in the end, it's their decision as to how they expand their family, and if they choose surrogacy, more power to them.

• I didn't read the comments to the story, but heard about SJP's baby news.  Interestingly, a woman at work mentioned it to me because she thought I'd find it interesting since we are adopting.  I didn't really make the connection, but thought it was sweet that she thought of me (she's a really nice lady).

Honestly, if we had the $$$, we might have done surrogacy, too.  But since it probably would have required donor eggs, we elected to adopt domestically instead (DH wasn't fired up about needing a bio connection to our child).

Realistically, $30-40K for DA was very doable for us.  $50-60K for donor eggs + a surrogate (based on research we did) wasn't as comfortable for us.

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagefredalina:

It's all an individual choice, or sometimes a series of individual and very personal choices.  How can anyone who hasn't been through it judge someone else for those choices?  Not one person on this planet is harmed, and they are able to share their love and grow their family.

The only thing somewhat concerning are the comments about the couple divorcing.  i don't know anything about their history, don't pay attention to celeb gossip, etc, but i do think you should have a good and stable marriage/relationship before bringing kids into the world by choice.

Yes. 

And also, this is the briefing I read on it this morning (I have celeb gossip moments in the morning and I get two sentences of the fun)

"Proving that famous people make the same decisions about marriage that regular people do, recently strained couple Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick arranged for twin girls to arrive in their home this summer through a surrogate pregnancy. Just think how much fun it will be for them to have a 60-year-old mom most famous for Sex and the City when they're going through puberty! "

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"