Georgia Babies

I may never be stroller happy

so now I  think I want a sit n stand stroller....

I lusted after this damn phil & ted's for so long and finally got it and now , or I should say RIGHT NOW, it isn't all that functional I don't think.  I think it will be perfect once Riley can sit up and we cna put them both in the upright positions, but like I hate having to take Riley out of his infant seat because it always wakes him up and half the time he isn't agreeable to laying so completely flat in the P&T.  Finn LOVEs the "ride" but Riley not so much.  And lately Finn has taken to putting one foot on the bottom "rail" of the snap n go and "riding" on it so I'm thinking he wold LOVE a sit n stand.

I mentioned this to my husband, who listened to me lust after the P&T for so long, and who "gave" me the P&T as a "pull present" and he looked at me and said "you will never be happy" and I think he almost cried!  LOL!

Re: I may never be stroller happy

• Awww! You will be happy - when your kids are, too! It's not that YOU don't like the stroller, but Riley doesn't. Maybe you can find a used sit/stand or borrow one for a while until Riley is big enough for the new stroller.....
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Sounds like you need some help.  You're becoming a stroller whore.  That's right, i said it.  The first step is admission of your weaknesses.

Start like this:

"Hi, I'm Heather, and I'm a stroller whore."

Then you can begin with the healing.

• Loading the player...
  • imageKerrin:

Sounds like you need some help.  You're becoming a stroller whore.  That's right, i said it.  The first step is admission of your weaknesses.

Start like this:

LMAO Kerrin! That did cross my mind too. Heather, I think you need to check out CL to feed your addiction, or just let finn ride the SNG if he breaks it they are only $50.

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKerrin:

Sounds like you need some help.  You're becoming a stroller whore.  That's right, i said it.  The first step is admission of your weaknesses.

Start like this:

LMAO Kerrin! That did cross my mind too. Heather, I think you need to check out CL to feed your addiction, or just let finn ride the SNG if he breaks it they are only $50.

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi- I'm Stacie and I'm a stroller whore too. 

I say go get the Sit N Stand.  Try to find a used one for a deal if you can, since it's a short term solution... but if not- you gotta have something that works for you b/c you are a SAHM now and need to be able to get out and do stuff w/o worrying about waking a sleeping baby.

Of course, I should preface this by admitting that I basically begged DH to buy me a jogging stroller at that yard sale on Saturday.  Even thought I have absolutely NO desire to jog... or do any kind of exercise... ever.  I just think I need one of each type of stroller- just cause.  I'm sick in the head, I know.

• imageMrsL1022:
    imageKerrin:

Start like this:

Lauren!!  How many strollers do you have now?  HAHAHA!!  Just sayin......  BTW - great to see you and Mr. C yesterday.  He was TOO cute.

• I am a stroller idiot. I don't even know what you're talking about. LOL
  • WAIT!  I swear, just wait till the minute baby is sitting up and you will fall in love with it.  I was the SAME way, didn't really love the newborn/toddler setup because I hated taking Ethan out of his carseat (and he just seemed too long for the newborn area from the get-go).  But now that he is sitting up it is really great and we all love it.  I kinda wish I could have just borrowed something that the seat snapped into from a friend for a couple months in the beginning, because I don't for a second wish I had a typical huge tandem stroller now, but it would have been nice only for when the baby was a newborn.  PATIENCE, girl, patience, you'll love it!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • imageebearwife:
    imageMrsL1022:
    imageKerrin:

Start like this:

Lauren!!  How many strollers do you have now?  HAHAHA!!  Just sayin......  BTW - great to see you and Mr. C yesterday.  He was TOO cute.

Just sayin' nothing!! I have 2 strollers + a snap n go that is useless, until I have another one. I didn't even buy an umbrella stroller(yet LOL) I use my zippy LOL! Did you buy your MCLaren yet?

• HECK YEAH, I got a Maclaren.  But you know I am eyeing the Zippy myself for P II although I will probably be THAT Mom with the double BOB who is cruising around a mall with a giant stroller knocking over the displays.  Hahahaha.  So now, lets see...my stroller count is 3, I think.  For now....

And what do you mean you don't have a Maclaren yet?  Get on the BALL!!  I love mine.  Its BRIGHT yellow.  I use it and the BOB as needed and they take up all the "trunk" space in my Element. 

• I forgot to add that DH yowled like a scalded dog when I bought the Maclaren.  I am surprised you didn't hear him all the way in Suwanee.
  • I'm a stroller whore and I'm not totally happy with the P and T either.

If DH gets this job in FL--I'll be a stay at home mom and I'm getting a double BOB to go running on the beach with :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"