Georgia Babies

Sightseeing over on the Toddler Board...

...and there are some SERIOUS conspiracy theories being lobbed about the swine flu.

I know we're all really really freaked out by what's going on, but this one girl's claims are BSC and I think she's dead serious. People are giving her lots of leeway 'cause she's a regular, but I'm waiting for things to really blow up.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/14947700.aspx

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Sightseeing over on the Toddler Board...

• "I'm a bit worried b/c dh is traveling in New Mexico for work, then he'll come back at the end of the week. The good thing is that if he's sick at all, even w/ a cold, he will stay there b/c they won't let him back in the country if he seems sick at all."

This is hilarious from that thread.

New Mexico is a STATE of the US! Not a foreign country! Stick out tongue

• OMFG!  Surely that poor woman does not think that New Mexico is another country.   WOW!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No, she doesn't believe New Mexico is another country. She lives in Chile. So her husband is visiting another country, the US.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemyrall:
    No, she doesn't believe New Mexico is another country. She lives in Chile. So her husband is visiting another country, the US.

Now that makes much more sense! Big Smile

I had a neighbor (an adult) when I was growing up that was clueless about most things.  I got a trip to Albuquerque, NM for my high school graduation to visit a friend. My neighbor was HORRIFIED that my parents were going to let me travel to a foreign country by myself where they didn't speak English. My parents tried to explain that NM was a state, but she didn't get it. They finally hung their heads in exhaustion and told her that my friend and her mom spoke English and Spanish. I wonder if she still thinks that many years later....

If you are ever in Albuquerque, be sure to check out Weinerschnitzel (don't know if I spelled that right). Their cheese fries are the best I've ever had.

• If you watch enough 24....the bio engineered makes total sense! 

I did see some peops in the airport yesterday with masks on their face.   

• I normally do not freak out about things like this. We even had a flu eupidemic (literally, it was declared) in Knoxville last year and schools were getting closed to be deconned, and I worked in a ped ER and didn't care.

HOWEVER, this year, I am pregnant, and I work in the busiest ER in Atlanta, which also happens to have the busiest airport, and also happens to see all of the people without insurance (ie people here illegally from places south of the border).....so yes, I am trying VERY hard not to have a come apart and call out of work for the rest of my life.....

According to the CDC, there are a couple anti-virals that work for this strain, and my guess is that those that died were already immunocompromised (as is the case in most flu deaths) or treated to late. The docs at work were discussing whether they thought Tamiflu might be helpful in this case. I'm assuming a study said it would be b/c I got a random email from my FIL (a doctor) the other day saying to call if any of us wanted a prescription for it. I find that incredibly funny b/c last year when DH CLEARLY had the flu (green, 104 temp, chills, lethargic, headache), I had him call his dad for a prescription and we had to talk him into it b/c his dad said it wasn't clinically proven to work, etc. It did work, DH was better in 3 days. 

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"