Alabama Babies

Honesty

I thought that I looked semi-cute today for work. I wore a dress, which I don't wear that often (especially since I work with 5 year olds). Well here are two comments that I received today from 2 of them at 2 different times:

1)Wow, your stomach looks big!

2)Are you having another baby.

Huh-there goes my self esteem-thanks!

Re: Honesty

• kids say the darndest things.  I can attest though that you look phenomenal!!! ( at least you did at the gtg!)
  • Oh my, I hope that it was kids saying this b/c if it was an adult that was really tacky. I'm sure that you looked really nice in your dress. I hate when people say things to bring other people down.
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, it was kids!

• I was about to say... it better be kids and not adults!  You look great!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • don't feel bad.  A few Christmases ago we were having dinner with my family, including my niece and nephews.  We were NO WHERE near thinking about kids and I was actually pretty thin back then.  My oldest nephew looks at me and says "Is there a baby in your tummy?"  While logically, I knew he was learning how his younger brother & sister got here and that's why he was asking...my heart was hurting b/c he thought I looked pregnant!  He was probably around 5 at the time.  Maybe 6.
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • I know how you feel.  The other day Ava was rubbing my tummy and she asked me if I had another baby in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"