D.C. Area Babies

Its so hard for me to find a support group.

Most of my friends are still single and / not even married.  I feel myself drifting away from most of them because we don't have much to talk about anymore. 

I'm just looking to meet other expecting moms in the area to hang out and share experiences with.  I'd also like to meet other Asian American families but its so hard to find around here.  Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Re: Its so hard for me to find a support group.

• try

www.meetup.com/Mamistad/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • where do you live? we have nestie/bumpie GTGs
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel you...I have a seven week old and it's challenging because I'm pretty much the first of my friends to have a little one - and the only other friend I have who has a baby is a SAHM! I wish I could stay home but I'm only on leave until June 4 so I'm nervous about hooking up with a moms group because I won't be around much longer!

Don't lose your single friends...someday they will be where you are now!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I live in Springfield.

Mamistad.com

imageSofka:
    where do you live? we have nestie/bumpie GTGs
  • We're having a GTG on May 16th--headed to the zoo.  If you're interested in meeting some people, feel free to come along!  Send me an e-mail at Agrippa80@gmail.com if you would like me to send you the e-vite!
  • I signed up for a class/support group through Shady Grove Hospital.  It was called Discovering Motherhood and we got together once a week to talk about whatever was on our minds.  I LOVE this group and we continue to get together eventhough our official meetings are over.  Shady Grove is probably too far for you, but a hospital around you might have something similar. 

I also have some friends who have joined a breast feeding support group and met lots of friends that way. 

• I would love to come but I will be over seas till the end of May.  Maybe next time!

imageAgrippa:
    We're having a GTG on May 16th--headed to the zoo.  If you're interested in meeting some people, feel free to come along!  Send me an e-mail at Agrippa80@gmail.com if you would like me to send you the e-vite!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"