Preemies

We can finally get out, now the swine flu hits!

I realize the swine flu isn't worth panicking over - yet, but is anyone else just a little worried?  We can finally start coming out of our winter bubble, now this?!  Do the worries never end?! Big SmileIndifferent

Re: We can finally get out, now the swine flu hits!

• The same thing happened with us last year, except it was measles instead of swine flu. Totally NOT FAIR!!

The swine flu has me a little bit freaked out too. It's just so gross sounding.

• We have a measles outbreak here - that is freaking me out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Tell me about it.  My MIL is going to MEXICO next week.  Granted she is going to the Cabo end and not Mexico City but still.  Mexico = deadly swine flu.   When she gets back I am going to have to insist she wait at least a few days before coming over to ensure that she isn't sick.

Luckily she is just as worried as we are so she will be as careful as someone can be.

• My mom lives in San Diego and is flying out here on Thursday to stay the week and meet her grandson. ?It's definitely on our minds, because there have been seven confirmed cases in San Diego county so far. ?:-/?
  • ijackijack member

One of the infectious disease doctors at my mom's hospital told her that she should bring masks home to wear because it's *that* bad. Awesome.

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • imageijack:

One of the infectious disease doctors at my mom's hospital told her that she should bring masks home to wear because it's *that* bad. Awesome.

Whaaat? To wear all the time, out in public and stuff? In what state?

• mcdevmcdev member
    I'm officially freaked out. ?We have a sleep study for Keira scheduled at CHOP in 2 weeks. ?If in 2 weeks time this isn't sorted out, we are definitely canceling. ?I'm not quarantining us to the house or anything, but I am definitely going to try to avoid dr's waiting rooms, hospitals, etc. ?
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • I'm not too thrilled about all this. We're flying to San Diego on Thursday for SIL's wedding.
  • I have been worried about this as well.
  • I am not too worried, but if I lived in Texas or California.. I definitely would be! 

I am a travel agent, and this is our latest information for people traveling to Mexico:

So what?s going on with this ?Swine Flu??  It is a flu that has been found in Texas, California and Mexico city.  There have been some cases found in NYC from people who have been to Mexico City.  At this point there is no definitive conclusion as to where it has originated from, as symptoms have appeared in multiple countries.  

There is no kind of accelerated CDC warning or official US travel advisory against traveling to Mexico. 

In Mexico City, where the population is 28 million, they are discouraging people from public gatherings such as soccer matches, etc. 

There have been no reported cases in the resort areas of Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit or Los Cabos. 

There is no refund policy from the hotels, because as stated above, there are no reported cases from the resort areas. So, unless they bought cancel for any reason travel insurance, they are in penalties at this time.

• I feel the same way.  We finally passed the 4 week mark from the ped.  Then today we go in for our check up and I ask about going out.  He told me that it is still very bad out there and it has  not slowed down and with the Swine Flu.  He recommended staying in for another 4 weeks .... but if we went out do not stay for long, keep him covered and do not go during busy times.
  • I was thinking the same thing. I can finally take Brandon out starting on Friday and now the swine flu is out there and I am worried all over again. I plan on taking him to places when they are not too crowded in the beginning so hopefully that will help with keeping him healthy.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • I can tell you that people who actually live in San Diego aren't worried about it? haha... The regular flu is a much bigger issue....
  • i'm in Texas so it's been on my mind.  i called today to check in since we are supposed to be off house arrest Thursday.  we are now on a modified house arrest... we can go out but we'll keep the babies covered & not let anyone touch them or come up to them.  i think i will keep it to essential outings only until this sorts itself out or we have a better idea what course it's going to take.  i really wish cold & flu season would end already! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"