Alabama Babies
Options

Hello Everyone!!

Hi my name is Kellie! I have posted on the Nest boards some and have been lurking over here alot lately! My husband and I have started TTC! It is our first cycle and I am just getting used to the whole charting thing!

I have my yearly OBGYN appointment in less than two weeks! I have switched to a different doctor because I want to deliver in Huntsville. I am going to Dr. Wheeler. I know some of you recommended him a while back when I was looking for another OBGYN! Also a friend of mines sister went to him and loved him!  I was just wondering if there are any questions I should ask him since I have started TTC??? I have a few in mind but just wanted to see what you all thought!! Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Hello Everyone!!

• Options

I really liked Dr. J.D. Wheeler - he's pretty funny.  I haven't met any drs at the Clinic for Women that I didn't like. I see Dr. Delisle there.  Some people don't like him much but he has always been great to me and always put my needs/health first. 

not sure about any questions- I guess if your cycles are irregular, you may ask about making sure your hormone levels are normal. 

you can start taking prenatal vitamins now  while you are TTC.  I use Nature's Miracle (?) I think - they are just some OTC ones.

• Options

Thanks Sarah! I have heard great things about the Clinic for Women!!

I did start taking prenatals last month to get ready for TTC! I just got off bc not too long ago so I'm not sure what my periods are going to be like! Before I was on BC they were as regular as they come! I guess we shall see what happens!

Also do you think I should tell him about me charting??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay Kellie!!! I'm so excited for yall! I am going to try and chart too. Let me know if you like the Dr. I am looking for a great Ob!
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Good Luck Kellie!!!  We are starting TTC soon (as in May!!!), so I'm with ya.  I got off BCP in Jan and have been taking prenatals for about a year (rec'd from my dr).  I'm older and he wanted me to get all the "bad" stuff out of me (my migraine meds, trying not to take anything at all) and "good" stuff in.  I've been talking to him about it for a while.

I asked him about charting - he thought I was crazy.  He's probably in his 50's and has been doing this for years and has kept up to date on most things.  He said this has only come about (the charting thing) recently and usually only used if you have problems.  Meaning if you don't conceive within a year, you are having very irregular cycles, other issues, etc. then it's a great idea. 

I've been VERY regular even after getting off BCP so I am not going to chart unless we have problems. 

GL and there are several of us on here getting great advice from all the moms and moms-to-be on this great board!!!!

• Options

imageErin&Gregg07:
    Yay Kellie!!! I'm so excited for yall! I am going to try and chart too. Let me know if you like the Dr. I am looking for a great Ob!

Thanks Erin!!! TCOYF helped me alot!! I got it on Amazon.com for like $10!!!

• Options

Welcome and Congrats on TTC! I also go to Clinic for Women. I see Dr. Rushing but Dr. Belmont delivered my daughter on 07 bc Dr. Rushing was out of town. I love Dr. Rushing and had fears that a different Dr would have to deliver and so be it but Dr. Belmont was great too! I only saw Dr. Wheeler once through the rotation and he was nice. A friend of mine had him deliver her daughter and she loved him. I think they are all good. You will be glad you went there.

I don't know of any questions for you to ask. Just let him know you are TTC and this is your first month. I didn't tell my Dr. about charting. I know some of them think it is silly, for healthy women. What is DID do was print out my chart when I got pregnant so I could take it in. That way I knew when my last period was, when we conceived, my due date etc. The nurse still looked at me funny but at least I knew when it all happened bc I charted.

DH and I are TTC too but I just got a promotion at work so we might hold off for another month or two but I am already off BC so whatever happens, happens! Have fun and keep us posted!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageaubie96:

Good Luck Kellie!!!  We are starting TTC soon (as in May!!!), so I'm with ya.  I got off BCP in Jan and have been taking prenatals for about a year (rec'd from my dr).  I'm older and he wanted me to get all the "bad" stuff out of me (my migraine meds, trying not to take anything at all) and "good" stuff in.  I've been talking to him about it for a while.

I asked him about charting - he thought I was crazy.  He's probably in his 50's and has been doing this for years and has kept up to date on most things.  He said this has only come about (the charting thing) recently and usually only used if you have problems.  Meaning if you don't conceive within a year, you are having very irregular cycles, other issues, etc. then it's a great idea. 

I've been VERY regular even after getting off BCP so I am not going to chart unless we have problems. 

GL and there are several of us on here getting great advice from all the moms and moms-to-be on this great board!!!!

Thanks so much!! Maybe we can help each other thru this!! I have been lurking on this board and it has already helped me with alot of questions I have had!

• Options

Yay!!!! So glad you finally came over :o)

When I told my nurse practitioner we were getting ready to ttc she prescribed me a prenatal (although I took the over the counter ones) and she gave me a lot of informational handouts. She also helped explain some of the signs of ovulation...when I should be ovulating and things like that. She also told me what to look for as far as early signs of pregnancy....when I should make my first appointment if I did get a positive pregnancy test. Just basics, but it was really helpful. Maybe you could touch base with your doctor on all of that.

Good luck......I'm absolutely thrilled for you guys!! :o)

• Options

imageKellieRay:
     Thanks so much!! Maybe we can help each other thru this!! I have been lurking on this board and it has already helped me with alot of questions I have had!

Definitely!!!!!  Hope things go well and good luck!!!!

• Options
    Just wanted to say welcome and good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks Kellie! I will definately check it out!
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Hey lady!  Good luck TTC! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dr. Wheeler delivered Caleb!  I LOVED him!  He was AWESOME!!!  Good luck with TTC!
  • Options
    Hey Kellie!  Yay congrats on TTC!  I charted so if you end up having any questions just let me know.  Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"