High-Risk Pregnancy

Question...

This was asked on 3rd tri... But I wasnt sure what your alls plans are...

When are you having the carseat installed? Being high risk I just want to be prepared but not look nuts for doing it now...

WDYT??

TIA!!

Re: Question...

• JCMJCM member
    I have been thinking the same thing.  My OB told me yesterday that if I were to go into labor he would do nothing to stop it but if the baby were born today the chances of him/her coming home with us would be very slim.  I am thinking I will wait 2 or 3 more weeks then install the base. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm about 35 weeks, but I'm being induced at 39 weeks because of the gestational diabetes.

I was just telling DH today that we needed to get the car seat out of the attic to clean and install...we'll probably get around to that this weekend.

• Loading the player...
  • Ooooh glad you reminded me! I think we'd better get on this before 34 weeks just in case. I don't think you'd be too early in doing it now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Installing ahead of time is a good idea....forgive me...I am sensitive about this topic...If you have never installed a car seat before....you may want to look into it and read the instructions or take a local car seat course.  Most people install the seats/bases incorrectly. Where I live you can have it inspected which is a good idea...that way if you install the seat ahead of time & have it inspected you still have time to correct the install. My DH is a firefighter here and we know the importance of the car seat and proper installation and use!  Words of advice, ALWAYS strap your baby in properly, rear facing infant seat with the carrier handle & sun canopy DOWN!! VERY IMPORTANT yuor baby's life could depend on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"