Baby Showers
Options

Stressed- Who's planning the shower??

So....EVERYONE has been asking me about the shower- if anyone is throwing one for me, etc.  My answer is the same every time- "I'm not sure- nobody has said anything about for sure hosting one, but my co-worker friends (the close ones that I do hang out with outside of work) have mentioned how fun it will be to plan a shower and my best friend has also made a similar comment.  Both of them made these comments when I first told them I was pregnant, but haven't said much since.  Also, they don't know each other.  

I have a feeling the co-workers might be plannng one, but if they do, I could see them wanting to throw a big shower (not just co-workers), but they haven't said anything. So, what if they're trying to do a surprise thing? 

Then, my best friend finally said something to me about wanting to host one for me.  I'm excited that she wants to throw one, but here's where I'm getting nervous...what if the co-workers decide to tell me that they want to throw me one...do I tell them that my friend is already hosting one, so they can only do a work-only one?  I don't know!!  It's hard because all these people don't know each other.  I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's been stressful b/c my friend wants to come out from another state and so does my mom...but I don't know when or who is for sure hosting... I feel weird saying anything to the co-workers and I don't want to offend them if I tell them my friend is hosting a shower..

I'm not sure if I'm totally making sense, but I'm not sure what to do...I'm trying to just lay low and let whatever happen happen- but it's hard!

Thanks for listening!

Re: Stressed- Who's planning the shower??

• Options
    imageareschke7:

I'm not sure if I'm totally making sense, but I'm not sure what to do...I'm trying to just lay low and let whatever happen happen- but it's hard!

I think that's still your best bet at this point. There's still plenty of time for someone to OFFICIALLY step up and say they want to throw it and host X number of people. I hear what you're saying about not wanting to offend your co-workers if your BFF is also planning to throw one that's friend-oriented. I'd say whoever first says "I want to throw you a shower" gets to decide how big it'll be. If your BFF steps forward first and wants to host all your friends/family, then if co-workers offer a shower, you tell them that'd be fabulous! Mention that your BFF is planning one for your friends/family but you'd love to have a celebration with everyone from work too. If co-workers step forward first, vice versa. Hopefully it won't even be an issue. (One thought: have co-workers do friends/co-workers and BFF do a family one if she comes forward after them?)

• Options
    Thanks...I think that's what I really needed to hear.  I like your advice and I will try to go with that!  thanks!!  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"