Special Needs
Options

Direct Correlation between low fetal HR & defects?

I guess this would be the best place to post..I know their are heart moms here..

from my first us which was able to see the hearbeat i was told it was low and a m/c was likely (5 weeks 6 days) (apr..85ish)..I had a second opinion whch said baby was still going..heart rate was on the low side (120's)..its been close to 4 weeks since my last US. 

I have a home fetal doppler which i have been able to pick the heartbeat up on since 8 weeks..i've had echo training so i'm pretty good with it..always know where to find it..it's never higher than 120bpm..and averages 95-120...is this bad? 

I have heart problems myslef..I go back this thursday and i am going to  mention to the doctor.  I have used the doppler to check my own HR and verified with my pulse and it is accurate.  Today i just listened to the beats and did my own calculation and it was right on with what doppler said..

Trying not to worry...

My heart problems are innapropriate sinus tachycarda (resting 130ish), Mitral valve prolapse...Ive had one echo already and will have to have atleat another before i deliver.  my ep cardologist has said i most likely will have to have a c-section bc my heart will not be able to handle delivery.  They are worried about muscle damage...from my heart working basically 4x normal.

Thanks in advance...

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: Direct Correlation between low fetal HR & defects?

• Options
    I'm really not sure the answer to this but wanted to say GL and hope all turns out well for you and your baby. Sounds very promising that you are still going strong at 11wk. Perhaps some baby's just have lower HB. Is your heart cond heriditary by chance?
    1 current MC 2011, cautiously pregnant again EDD 4-10-13~STICK BABY
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    After 1 MC 2007, 2 CP, Cade Anthony is here:
    Photography Blog Our Family Blog
  • Options
    GL and I hope everything turns out great for you and your baby! My son has tetralogy of fallot but had normal bpm throughout the pregnancy. I haven't heard of a correlation, but I suppose it could be possible for some types of heart disorders/defects. Can you talk to your cardiologist about your concerns to get his/her input? Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS had "normal" HR in utero, but had defects, so while somewhere they may be a correlation- it wasn't there for us. 

GL!

• Options

My condition isn't really hereditary, it's more idopathic, they don't know what caused it..and it means my hr is faster than normal..instead of slower.  I did a bunch of google searches the only thing i could find was that it could mean the valves didn't form properly...

hopefully the ob can shed some light on thurs if their is concern.

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Options
    My son had a heart defect, but had a normal heart rate in utero. I think it was 184 at like 9 weeks and then came down normally from there. A low heart rate may be correlated with some heart defects...but this wasn't the case for my son.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went to the OB today..they moved my appointment up from Thursday when i called concerned about the low heartrate...they used their doppler and picked up the heartbeat from a slightly different spot than I had been.  It was 160bpm!  I also brought mine with me and he showed me what I was doing wrong, he said he was very impressed because mine was $100 vs their $700 machine, and it was very close. 

I'm so glad to have this off my shoulders!  Thanks everyone for your advice and support. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"