Georgia Babies

So shoot me I don't feel like baking

Can anyone recommend a bakery in the Marietta Area? I need a theme cake made. I would even do ITP.

Re: So shoot me I don't feel like baking

• Funny you should post this as I am procrastinating starting the decorations for a baby shower cake for this weekend. If I don't get going I may need to use whatever recommendations you get Stick out tongue
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• lol! I dont know what is wrong.  It took me like 5 hours to bake and decorate Kya's B-day cake and now it is Nkosi b-day next week.  I will bake some cupcakes for school and shape them into some sort of animal for fun. But for his B-day party at Maxx Fun I don't feel like doing a dang thing!!!

I'd rather pay someone to avoid the headache.

• Loading the player...
  • Mcentyre's Bakery in Smyrna is always good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ditto the rec for McEntyre's bakery. They did the cakes for my wedding last Saturday and they were fantastic. The groom's cake was red velvet and it was so good!!
  • We used Kelly's Kakes in Historic Roswell for B's birthday and it was yummy!

I can't believe it's Amiri's birthday already!

• Hah! I misread your op. It's Nkosi's bday. I knew Amiri wasn't a year yet...phew.  At any rate, Kelly was great to work with as far as themes, etc.
  • Kelly Kakes in Roswell is great -- I think we're going to go there for at least one of Elizabeth's birthday parties.  (Don't ask.)  Cakes by Darcy in Roswell has great cakes, but tends to be a little expensive.

I love McEntyre's, too.

And there's always Publix.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Another vote for McEntyre's.  We just got FIL a cake from there  2 weekends ago for his b-day. He is still talking about it.  Also, someone told me about a great bakery in the Marietta Square, but I don't know the name. I'll see if I can find out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Hi Karen,

I have a friend who has been making cakes and cupcakes for her friends' babies. She is a "Martha Stewart" type person.

If you want me to email you her name and number, you can talk to her and see if she would be a good fit for what you want. 

My email is kimberlyh922@bellsouth dot net

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Another vote for Kelly Kakes in Historic Roswell.  The cake adn cookies she made for Ava's 1st b-day were divine.  She's making a dinosaur cake for Carter's b-day on Saturday.
  • Thank you all so much.  Great suggestions.  Sunshine...your friend is making me want to get back into my cake deco classes. I just can't seem to find the time.

I think for now I am going to go with McEntyre's Bakery becasue it is closer and my son wants the swimming pool cake that is on there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"