Blended Families
Options

Does a 14 year old belong

At an Aerosmith concert?  I'm trying to get opinions on if you think I'm an old-fashioned prude or has my H has lost his mind.  SD is trying to get her dad to take her and her friends to this concert in July.

Thoughts?

Re: Does a 14 year old belong

• Options
    Would her dad be going?  I think it would be fine if he was going.  I listened to Aerosmith at 14.
  • Options
    I think that if you went with her - it is fine... I went to some pretty insane concerts back in my day (but my dad always went with me!) yes... even to Marilyn Manson :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do It!   My dad took my friends and I to Gun's N Roses when we were 14 we still talk about it to this day.  He was the coolest dad ever.
  • Options
    FloF9FloF9 member
    I would say to take him - (yea I wouldn't think but it's because I'm an out of touch old step mom.)  Stick out tongue
  • Options
    Yeah, no problem.  When my brother was that age he was going to Ozzfest for the 2nd year in a row with my dad.  I think we saw Metallica around that age too.  I would DEFINITELY check with the friends parents though, in case they have any problems with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, it's fine.  I saw my first concert (and smelled my firs pot) at a Poison concert with my 20yo brother.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    KyahKyah member
    As long as her dad goes with her, I think thats fine. I went to my first concert at about age 15 and my dad went with me and my friend.
  • Options

It's official.  I have really turned into an old fashioned prude.

This is all because of Guitar Hero.  LOL

• Options
    I have been to 3 Aerosmith concerts, and they are pretty tame. I would say totally 14 year old appropriate. More so than most "acts" today...now who sounds old.
  • Options
    I think that if your husband or another adult is going as well I think it is fine. I wouldn't let my 14 year old go to a concert with just her and her friends.
  • Options

imageCourtney&Daryll:
    I think that if your husband or another adult is going as well I think it is fine. I wouldn't let my 14 year old go to a concert with just her and her friends.

Ditto.?

• Options

imageCourtney&Daryll:

Really?  I saw NKOTB when I was 14 with just my friends.  One mom dropped us all off, one mom picked us all up.  There were no issues.

• Options
    sdc81sdc81 member
    As long as her dad is there & supervising, I don't see why not... and you could look at it this way, too: thank God she even asked to have a parent there... many kids her age would expect to be able to go without one.
  • Options
    Yep I saw Nsync with just my friends, several times.  My parents only went with me to one concert, I think I was 13, after that it was just my friends.  And some other boyband concerts too.  HOWEVER they were in a downtown area, and parents were at a sports bar nearby and the people going to an Nsync concert are other teen girls.  Aerosmith, lots of adults around and a different situation in my opinion.  I could just be justifying my parents awesomeness though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"