Georgia Babies

update on my father

he didn't come to the office today after he said he would for our meeting.  he called and said that he wanted to have a discussion with my sister and me.  I told him that I wanted to speak to him alone, and that my issues with him were my own and didn't involve my sister.  And that if he wanted to have a discussion with her he could do that seperately or after we talked privately.

He sounded angry, upset, scared, and really pissed.  I just got an email saying to meet him at a restaurant for lunch tomorrow.  I told him no, that I would prefer to meet in the office.  This is not the conversation to be held in a public place over food.  I'm standing my ground girls. 

Nearly everything I've done for the last 10 years was to ensure that I wouldn't have any regrets after he's gone.  To know that I've done everything I possibly could.  It's time to start living my life for me.  Today is Day 1.  Tomorrow is D-Day.  Thanks for your support ladies.  I know I can do this. My mantra....Be professional, no emotion, and state the facts.

Re: update on my father

• Go Kerrin! You deserve everything you're fighting for. I don't know you, but you sound as if you've got every confidence in the world. I can't imagine how difficult it will be, but you've got my good wishes!!
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yay you!!  Best of luck tomorrow, you are such an inspiration.
  • Loading the player...
  • I will be thinking about you tomorrow.  Good luck-I know you'll do great!

• Lots and lots of good wishes headed your way, Kerrin.  I know you'll do great tomorrow!  I can only imagine how hard this decision is for you. 
  • Good for you for standing your ground!!  Good luck tomorrow!  Let us know how it goes. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Good wishes to you for tomorrow. I can only imagine how difficult this situation is. You will do great.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You go Kerrin!  You will do fine.  I do hate that he is using the stalling method (a control tactic) which only makes you worry and conjure up even more resentment.  I'm sure it would be better to just go ahead and get it over with than to mellow in it tonight and tomorrow.  GL Kerrin!
  • Good Luck. I think your mantra is perfect. Leave the emotion out of it. I know that will be hard. I'll send good vibes and say a prayer. You have every right to be upset. Don't let him patronize you. Stand your ground girl.?
  • Go Kerrin!!  I'm very impressed with how you are handling this.  Good luck tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good for you!  I can't believe he is stalling like that.  What an immature control freak.  Stand your ground and do what you know is right.  You are his daughter- not his doormat. 

• imagemissmlp:
    I do hate that he is using the stalling method (a control tactic) which only makes you worry and conjure up even more resentment.  I'm sure it would be better to just go ahead and get it over with than to mellow in it tonight and tomorrow.

You hit the nail on the head.  This is EXACTLY what he's doing.  Fortunately, I'm on to his tactics, and I will not tolerate his intimidting behavior.

• Kerrin it sounds to me like you are doing the right thing by standing your ground and standing up for yourself.

I wondered if you had heard of the Cox Family Enterprise Center at Kennesaw State University? I do not know a lot about the services they offer to family businesses (I took one family business class in business school), but they may be able to assist you all in working things out if that is the route you choose. Good luck to you tomorrow!

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• I must have missed your previous post but good luck!
  • Good luck tomorrow! You sound like you are definitely ready to take control of the situation. Just stick to your guns!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just catching up on these posts but wanted to say good luck tomorrow!  Sorry this is getting dragged out.  I know I'd want to get it over with too.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm just getting caught up but good luck and good job on standing your ground!  very wise to keep it to the office so its a business thing and not a family thing!  good luck, stay strong, bust his balls and good luck!
  • Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck tomorrow Kerrin! You are a strong woman and I admire you for not backing down. I hope you get everything out of it that you want!! Give us an update!!
  • GL tomorrow! I know you will do great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Good luck tomorrow and like you said - state the fact.  I'd even say practice tonight what you will say so you keep the emotions out of it.  Best of luck - I'm sure you will be so strong!
  • Way to go!  I used to work for my bro in law and you know, it was tough....I didn't get treated the same either and had a much tougher standard to uphold.  I wish I would have left that situation earlier than I did.   Great mantra!  Good luck!
  • Kerrin, best of luck tomorrow. ?You are doing the right thing and your approach is dead on. ? ?I hope you get what is best for you tomorrow (either good resolution with your dad/boss or the realization that its time to move on.)

I will be looking for your update tomorrow. ? ?

• Good luck today.  I hope your dad is receptive to what your concerns and that everything works out sunshine and rainbows. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"