D.C. Area Babies

Mosers come in :-)

You posted a while ago a recipe for tomato, mozzerella, and pesto sandwich. When I do the searchit only brings up one of yourposts and that's not the one it brings up. Anyway you can repost it? It seems like the perfect recipe for weather like this :-) Thanks!

Re: Mosers come in :-)

• Sure!  Now I want one!  :)

I buy the fresh Italian bread from Giant's bakery, a mozzarella ball from the deli section, and tomatoes.  You'll also need pine nuts, fresh peeled garlic, fresh basil, olive oil, fresh grated parm, and salt and pepper.

Use a food processor to make the pesto.  I don't really have measurements for the ingredients, I just taste as I go.  I usually start by tossing in a head or two of garlic, then add some olive oil (maybe 1/2 cup or so), then add the basil (I don't even bother chopping anything up, the processor does it all).  Then add pine nuts (maybe one cup?), then a few dashes of salt and pepper.  Add the parm last.  Keep blending and tasting to make it as garlicky as you want.

Cut off a chunk of the Italian loaf and slice it open.  Spread the pesto on each side.  Add slices of tomatoes and mozzarella and close the sandwich.  Bake at 350 for about 8-10 min.  Check to make sure the cheese is melted and the bread doesn't burn. 

• That sound so good (minus the tomatoes...) I am going to make that one night this week, DH will love it!
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"