Trying to Get Pregnant

Am I Pregnant?? False Negative?

Hi!

My husband and I are trying to conveive...

I am always, always, always, "on time", and today I SHOULD have started my period....and I haven't! So I took a pregnany test and it came back NEGATIVE! Tongue Tied

So now I am wondering, if I still don't get my period this week, when should I try again? Could I have gotten a false negative, or what?

I don't know what to do! I am almost ready to call my doctor and go for a blood test! I want to know if I'm pregnant or not!!

Please help.

THANK YOU!

D

Re: Am I Pregnant?? False Negative?

• And, it's Tuesday.

Yes, you are probably pregnant. Schedule a dr appt ASAP.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hmm... GL with that.
  • Just because you have always been regular does not mean you can't have a cycle where you O late or have an annovulatory cycle. The only way to confirm that you did in fact ovulate is through charting your temps.

If you don't know when you o'ed (if at all) you don't know if you're late.

• Tongue Tied
  • It's tuesday.... yay!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

OaD August siggy challenge- fav show that's off the air:

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZzQxOlqIUfHfG/giphy.gif
  • I would wait a week and test again.
  • Congrats its TWINS!
  • MSC03MSC03 member

Asking us if you're pregnant after getting a negative HPT is like asking dad after mom told you no.

You could have O'd late or not at all. Wait a few days and try again. And if you're TTC, you should try charting your BBT in order to more accurately detect O.

imageimage
  • Is that a record?? I actually thought for a minute it was going to be a smooooth tuesday.  Stick out tongue
  • imagecraftlady07:

Just because you have always been regular does not mean you can't have a cycle where you O late or have an annovulatory cycle. The only way to confirm that you did in fact ovulate is through charting your temps.

This. GL to you. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • imagecraftlady07:

Just because you have always been regular does not mean you can't have a cycle where you O late or have an annovulatory cycle. The only way to confirm that you did in fact ovulate is through charting your temps.

Craft is ALWAYS  the voice of reason.

Give us the low down..................................

How many cycles off bcp are you?

How do you know you ovulated?

Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? 

• Hello Tuesday! *waves*

Wait 1 week and test again. If still negative, repeat until positive or AF shows. If no AF in 60 days, call the doc. You could have ovulated later than usual because of stress or because of anything. Also, it is normal to have an irregular cycle every once in a while.

And pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Very informative.

And now for the stupid question, you're not on BC, right? Oy.

• imagecraftlady07:

this.  If you don't get your priod in 5-7 days test again.  If your cycle goes beyond 60 days call your doctor. 

GL.

• I'm feeling nice this morning.  Wait a couple more days and test again if your period doesn't show.  I think the general rule is to call your doctor if you are over 60 days without a period.  We can't tell you if you are pregnant or not.  Even if you are always on time, you could have a fluke cycle where you ovulated late, which would delay your period.  Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsBro6116:
    imagecraftlady07:

Craft is ALWAYS  the voice of reason.

Give us the low down..................................

How many cycles off bcp are you?

How do you know you ovulated?

Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? 

You should probably have that helmet close by mrs bro!

• No flame from a newbie, just wanted to say that as soon as I started to read I thought..

"Is today Tuesday? Yes, it IS Tuesday!"

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I have a more sensitive  online test.  All you have to do is pee on your keyboard and I'll be able to tell you the results. 

GL  :)

• imageMrsSummitCounty:

Asking us if you're pregnant after getting a negative HPT is like asking dad after mom told you no.

You could have O'd late or not at all. Wait a few days and try again. And if you're TTC, you should try charting your BBT in order to more accurately detect O.

Lolz.

imageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageDaniSev:

::Sitting back preparing for flames::

This

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What is the deal with all this "Tuesday" stuff?

No, I am not on birth control. I have been off for five months now.

Thank you for all the help! I will have to get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility....I wonder if that is something you can get in South Africa.....

Thanks again!

• Also, just because you were supposed to get your period today doesn't mean you still won't. I mean, it is only 10:30 am here on the east coast of the USA, so it isn't even late evening where you are. It CAN happen at 11:59 pm and still be today, you know. Or tomorrow. That wouldn't even be considered late.
  • imagedeirdrada:

What is the deal with all this "Tuesday" stuff?

Thank you for all the help! I will have to get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility....I wonder if that is something you can get in South Africa.....

Thanks again!

If Amazon delivers to SA, you can get it there.

• imagedeirdrada:

Thanks again!

You can get TCOYF online.

I know it may not seem like it but 5 months isn't too long for your body to adjust to being off of bc. Wait a bit, test again, if you don't get your period for 60-90 days call your doctor.

• imagemooeta:

I have a more sensitive  online test.  All you have to do is pee on your keyboard and I'll be able to tell you the results. 

LMAO!!! Out loud. 

At my desk. 

With students in the room!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have it saved in word and i will C&P as many times as I have to today. I'm armed and ready to fire!
  • imagecraftlady07:
    I have it saved in word and i will C&P as many times as I have to today. I'm armed and ready to fire!

She couldn't possibly... It's not even that bad...

::side eye:::

• I need MrsBro's helmet
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemooeta:

I have a more sensitive  online test.  All you have to do is pee on your keyboard and I'll be able to tell you the results. 

This... *snicker*

• imageKLResq:

And, it's Tuesday.

Yes, you are probably pregnant. Schedule a dr appt ASAP.

You read my mind.

• ::: and they're making the turn around the first corner.  Newbie 1 and newbie 2 are neck and neck:::

SnailSnail

• Crying It's tooooo hot in my office for flames today!
  • imagemooeta:

I like this one Moo!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"