Orange County Babies
Options

Stressing!!!

DD's baptism is May 9th.  At first I wanted a small get-together.  Well, my family is Greek, and baptisms are as big a deal as weddings, so it quickly turned into a big huge mess, with 200 people invited.  I am expecting 120 people.  I am so stressed trying to get everything together!  I am really looking forward to it, but there is just so much to do - and DH is crazy busy at work right now so I am not getting too much help from him.  Ugh!  Just needed to vent...thanks for reading :)

Re: Stressing!!!

• Options

Wow. 120 people?!?! That's crazy.  Good luck getting it all together in time.

ETA:  What did you decide on for favors?  I think you mentioned it here before, right?

• Options
    Wow! 120 people! Sounds like a huge responsibility but try to focus on the meaning of it - hopefully that helps. In the end you will have had all your family be part of this special time. Hang in there...I'm sure it will all turn out ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejaejaevee:

Wow. 120 people?!?! That's crazy.  Good luck getting it all together in time.

ETA:  What did you decide on for favors?  I think you mentioned it here before, right?

I went with my original idea of gladiola bulbs.  I attached a little card to them telling everyone how to care for them, and wrote that when they bloom every spring they can think of Holland.  It wasn't the tulips I had hoped for, but its just a nice thought.  Someone suggested cookies, and they were SO CUTE, but so expensive!!!  The gladiolas were VERY affordable, and my Mom and I had fun wrapping them in tulle and getting the cute ribbon and everything to tie them up.

• Options

the favors sound wonderful! :)

it is a huge undertaking but it sounds like you and your family are used to large events. ?i am sure it will be awesome. ?your daughter is lucky to have so many fabulous people to celebrate with her....and love her. :)?

• Options
    It is going to be a lot of fun....thanks for the encouragement guys :)  Holland is a lucky duck to be surrounded by so much love!
  • Options
    Wow, that is a big party to cater too. Just remember the day of how many people will be around to help you. One of my closest friends comes from a Greek family and they love to help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"