Georgia Babies
Options

potty training resources?

I'm looking for some potty training resources and wondering if y'all have any suggestions?  did you use a book, online websites, friends, etc?  So far we bought Finn a potty and he will sit on it and go pee pee every night before his bath/shower but he's not too interested in it most of the other time throughout the day but he'll tell us when he's gone pee pee or poo poo in his diaper.  anyway just want to make sure I know what I'm doing as we go through this stage!

Re: potty training resources?

• Options
    MckMama had an excellent blog on the subject but I can't seem to find her post on it. 
  • Options

Just found it!

https://www.mycharmingkids.net/search?q=potty+training

Scroll down the page to the post on Thurs Feb 26, 2009 titled "Potty Training 101"

I hope that helps!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We got Carter a book.  In the beginning we'd sit him on the potty before bath time and hoped that he would go.  But it was more for him to get used to the idea.  Then we got Pullups and made a SUPER HUGE deal out of them.  How they were special underwear and we didn't want to pee or poop on whatever character was on them.  After about a month of this, I realized that we just had to go to underwear cold turkey.  The pullups are great, but there is not the consequence of sitting in poop or wet pants with pee running down your legs in your socks and shoes.  Kids don't like this. 

So we had a huge production, packing up all the pullups /diapers, and made a special trip to get big boy underwear.  Elmo underwear, Thomas the Train undies, Big bird,....get him whatever he wants, b/c he won't want to ruin them.  We had a few accidents in the beginning...more so b/c he didn't want to stop playing to go potty.

We still use pullups at night.  He's dry 99.99% of the time, but every time I let him sleep in underwear, he wets the bed.  Never does it if he wears his pullups at night.  Go figure.

• Options
    That's pretty much all Grant did at that age...I just let him tell us when he needed to go, and I'd ask him every now and then if he needed to go. From about 18mo till 2.5 he would show interest and lose interest weekly..then at 2.5 a light went off and he let us know he was ready. Good luck with Finn!!!
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • Options
    Oh yeah, when we progressed to pullups, we made him sit on the potty at least once an hour.  We set the kitchen timer.  When he got better at it, we'd go for longer spurts.  It was a huge PITA, but it worked.
  • Options
    Have you seen those commercials for the Potty Dance?  I think it's Huggies?  I saw Tori Spelling do it on Rachel Ray.  She said her son loves it.  I know lots of people are annoyed by her, but I am a huge Donna Martin fan.  :)  The Potty Dance just looks fun to me.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"