D.C. Area Babies

Stage 3 foods ?

DD is now 8 months old and on stage 2 foods.  I have some coupons for stage 3, but some of my friends with slightly older babies say they did stage 3 for a week and then their LOs were over it and they moved on to table food.  Is that typical?  I'm trying to figure out if I should trade the coupons for stage 2 or hang on to them.  Also, if you moved on to stage 3, when was it?   TIA

Re: Stage 3 foods ?

• I use both stage 2 and 3, depending on what it is.  S eats a lot of table food, but she often won't be interested to eat enough.  Like when she wants to eat cheese for dinner, and throws everything else on the floor.  I know that she's still getting most of her calories from BFing, but I like to know that she's eating food that's not junk.  If there's a Crunchie, Puff or a cracker anywhere in sight she won't eat her food.  She'll eat the veggie purees, but not so much the 'meals', especially the stage 3s that have chunks (lasagna?  big NO).  I started giving her 3s at about 8-9 months.  She still eats the stage 2 fruits w/DHA because I haven't really found a substitute she likes nearly as much.
  • We've been giving DD table food and cut up plain fruit and veggies for 2 months now.  I'd skip the jar food and give her fresh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"