Georgia Babies
Options

My husband is at jury selection today :(

Booo!  I hope he doesnt get picked.  I've never served on jury duty. Have any of you?  Is it like the movies? LOL.  In petit jury are you still not allowed to talk about the case to anyone else?  He just said it was a kidnapping/sexual assault.   I cant imagine having to sit through that.

Re: My husband is at jury selection today :(

• Options

I hope he doesn't get selected.

I got a summons in the mail and wrote them telling them that I am a full time care giver for my child. I got out of it! 

• Options
    OMG i wonder if it was same one.  Ha!  Yeah they let stay at home moms out of it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been summons 3 times and chosen twice.  I'm popular :)

One was a manslaughter case, and we found the lady not -guilty b/c the guy beat the crap out of her all the time.

The other was settled as we were headed into the courtroom, so I never found out what it was about.  It's very interesting to me.

• Options
    I have never been summoned for jury duty, but I think I would like it. However, if the case were like your husbands, I would freak out...being kidnapped is my biggest fear!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have been summons 5 times.....one time I made it to the point where they pick a jury, I was not picked.  The other 2 times, I just sat around until lunch time and was dismissed.....one time I called the night before and was dismissed...yeah, this never happens.  The last time, I told them I was SAHM full time caregiver to a child and was excused.  I find it really interesting and was bummed the one time I wasn't picked.
  • Options
    He has been there since 8am. They did individual interviews.  I was trying to search the internet to find out what case it might be LOL!!!!  Of course i would never share this info with my husband but i foudn a case of a cop who kidnapped a bartender and raped her and she escaped.  This was july 08 though - do you think it would take that long to go to trial? I find it fascinating too but have never been picked???  Is it bad he has been there from 8am-till now and no decisions yet?
  • Options
    Probably bad for your hubby.  if they dont' want or need you for the day, they typically dismiss you by lunch.
  • Options
    I have been summoned before and was in the courtroom but got dismissed around 2pm b/c they had enough people for the jury at that point.  I actually just got summoned again last week for the end of May--since you are dying to go I will gladly give you my spot! Stick out tongue
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well he didnt get selected.  He said they had a ton of jurors there -12 groups.  He was last one. Said WSBTV was there covering it too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"