Pennsylvania Babies
Options

sort of bad revelation today...

DH thought it would be cute to put or dogs in the crib.  He put one in there before and he was fine. I could totally see my other dog freaking out though when he put him in.  I was pleasantly surprised when he put Zeus in and he totally chilled so much that he laid down.  However, Apollo (the one who he put in before) JUMPED right into the crib.  Yup, jumped right in.  I don't know if he'll feel compelled to jump in if another dog isn't there but it makes me a pinch nervous. He also put two nice (sort of deep) scratches on the front (which DH felt terrible about since I asked him not to screw around) so we have to try find something decent to fill them in with since we spent a good bit to have a forever crib that our child could use forever. 

Re: sort of bad revelation today...

• Options

I'm sorry to hear that you have scratches on the brand new crib! I would be furious! I wouldn't be to worried about the dogs jumping down the road. It seems that most dogs are really aware of the baby's presence and how fragile they are. However, we'll be waiting to see how our lab does and this is purely from observation of friends/family with babies and large dogs.

?However, I am convinced that our cat will think its his new home when it is time for us to set up the crib. And, he is a snuggler, so I wouldn't put a baby in a crib past him either. That worries me!?

• Options

Oh no!  I would be so mad about the crib!  They do make wood-stain touch up markers, perhaps that would be a solution?  They are sold right next to the cans of stain. 

I wouldn't be too worried about the dog - they have a sixth sense about these things.  I was VERY worried about my labs - I have 2 females, one is 6, one is 3, and they both are big hyper idiots.  They used to jump all over me when I walked in the door - they will also jump whenever I am carrying anything, like our other little dog.  However, I had my niece here for a week right after her first birthday, and they were suddenly gentle dogs for that week.  Still hyper, but not around her :)  They also have stopped jumping when we come in - I can't remember the last time I got jumped on.  I would be more worried about him getting in and scratching the crib up before the baby is here! :D

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was worried about our three cats too. But they all avoided that crib like crazy if the scary baby was anywhere near it. Now the one cat likes to hang out in there, but we just pull him out before we put Adam in - for the cat's safety...

And we close the door when he's sleeping, so no worries about cats disturbing his sleep.

• Options
    Eek, sorry to hear about the scratches!  Hope they are repairable and that your dog decides the crib isn't such a fun place to be.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"