Special Needs
Options

To celebrate or not?

We are coming up on our son's 1 year diagnosis. Part of me feels like we should celebrate since we've made it a year, part of me feels like we shouldn't because, well, one year of having cancer isn't a very *nice* thing to celebrate.  I guess I feel like we should acknowledge this since many, many brain tumor patients will never see one year, so I feel like we should celebrate his survival.  Do you guys think this is weird?

Re: To celebrate or not?

• Options
    I don't frequent these boards but to me, it seems you are celebrating 1 year of being a cancer survivor.  While he may still have cancer, he is 1 year into surviving it and I think that's worth celebrating.
  • Options

imageFunnyD:
    I don't frequent these boards but to me, it seems you are celebrating 1 year of being a cancer survivor.? While he may still have cancer, he is 1 year into surviving it and I think that's worth celebrating.

Agreed.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageFunnyD:
    I don't frequent these boards but to me, it seems you are celebrating 1 year of being a cancer survivor.  While he may still have cancer, he is 1 year into surviving it and I think that's worth celebrating.

Absolutely agree! Treat yourselves to your favorite meal/dessert/becerage - you've ALL made it a year and that's well worth celebrating!

We popped a bottle of bubbly at our 1 year Dx anniversay and toasted the strength of our family.

• Options
    In my family it's a celebration day - we figure that dx day is day one of survival, so it's a celebration of one year of cancer survival. ?Plus, we would rather go for positive! ?Better to have a party than sit at home being somber about what we've been through in the last year.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I agree with pps.  Be happy and have some fun!!  :)
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options

Ditto the other ladies.  Go out and celebrate

• Options
    Go for it! You deserve a celebration for making it a year without going crazy!! Your son is a trooper and you should definitely celebrate this milestone.  I think that we tend to look at things in a whole new light and just because other parents might think this is strange...all the moms on this board totally get it! Enjoy!
  • Options
    Celebrate the strength of your DS and your family.  You all deserve it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"