South Florida Babies

First Tri AirTravel Tips?

Hi Ladies,

Don't know if I've introduced myself. I'm Virginia, newlywed and expecting our little jelly bean surprise (we found out a few days before Easter). My hubby travels a heck of a lot for business and was out of town when I called him with the news. We're in Delray Beach and live here on our own. DH's family is in Michigan and mine is in Jersey. 

We are waiting to tell my parents in person when we go to Jersey next week. Yay! So excited. I get homesick easily. I've also discovered that I get nauseated easily, too. I've had all day morning sickness for the past 3-4 days and doesn't seem to be getting better. 

So, I'm wondering what I should bring aboard the plane to help the nausea and if you have any tried and true tips for traveling during the first trimester. Thanks so much. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First Tri AirTravel Tips?

• I traveled a lot during my first trimester (I didn't know I was pregnant though) but every time I was on the plane was super nauseous and I couldn't understand why so I would eat t hose pretzels....I think pretzels and ginger ale helped the most.

GL and congrats!:)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • darling...1st ask the attendant you give you 2 of the baggies.  they won't ask at all and just give it to you.  2nd make sure you have a bottle of water w/you.  you want to keep hydrated.  and 3rd, sit in the aisle seat.  you don't want to be asking ppl to move for you when you need to go to the bathroom.  it gets annoying. 

generally, the books i've read say to walk every 20 to 30 mins, that's taken care of when you're going to the restroom.

• Loading the player...
  • good luck virginia! i hope you guys have a great trip. have fun telling the future grandparents :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have any tips yet...but that is so exciting to tell your parents in person! I found these ginger candies at Whole foods called "Gin Gins", all natural ginger without that ginger kick that helps to calm your stomach...I also second the ginger ale, whole foods also has a healthier soda alternative without corn syrup.
  • I second the ginger ale and ginger snacks.  I would also bring either a box or crackers or cheerios - something bland to munch on.  Try just eating a very little bit constantly and avoid eating anything big on the plane. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ditto all the above. Congrats and welcome to the board!

• I agree with everyone on the pretzels or cheerios and ginger ale. I drank a lot of ginger ale in my first trimester and on my first plane trip at about 5.5 weeks (I already felt nauseated) I ate a lot of pretzels and had the ginger ale and it definitely made me feel better. Definitely make sure you get that aisle seat and go to the bathroom when you feel that you have to. You will be fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• buy preggie pops!!  they sell them at motherhood and babies r us.  sooo good, cures all nausea!  they're all natural, sugar free, and awesome.  they come in lollipop form and lozenge form :)
  • oh yeah, Preggie Pops are awesome!!! The best ones are the Ginger and the Lavender!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"