Secondary IF

prometrium capsules

I just started using these a day ago.  After you insert one, do you need to lay flat for a while?  I am supposed to do 2/day.  I've been doing one at bedtime, and the other one sometime in the morning.  I seem to get "yellowy" stuff draining out of me after the morning capsule.  I try to lay down for a while, but that's not easy when you're chasing a toddler around!

Another question, will the Prometrium prevent "pre-period" spotting?  I always spot for a few days before my period.  If the meds make that stop, I don't want to get too excited for a BFP if I don't see any spotting.  I won't test until 2 weeks after my trigger shot.

Thanks!

Re: prometrium capsules

• I am taking them as well. No, you don't have to lay down afterwards, and the yellowy stuff that comes out is supposed to. It's like a wax covering that I think dissolves/comes back out. My Re's office  told me to expect that.

Not sure about the spotting, I don't usually have that before AF.  GL!

• Thanks!  When they put me on the Prometrium, I only spoke to the nurse over the phone.  I should have asked more questions!

Thanks again!

• Loading the player...
  • I am taking them also and I get that yellowish discharge.  I never lay down after putting the morning one in.  As for spotting, I didn't the last time while I took prometrium, but once I stopped taking them (after a BFN) I did a little before AF came.  HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • I am now on week 7 of prometrium this time around. It will leak, there isnothing you can do about it! I probably will prevent pre-period spotting if you are spotting due to reduced progesterone. I do not lay down after, and have not ever. I know that they suggest you do, but it is too hard! Hopefully you are in for MANY more weeks (through trimester1 ) of yellow snotty discharge!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"