D.C. Area Babies
Options

MIL update

Thanks for all the advice! MIL left yesterday and DD was back to her happy, normal self. She screamed again in the morning when MIL watched her so I could dry my hair, then slept in the car to the airport and back, and then when DH came home, gave him a HUGE smile, and was smiley and cheerful with no fussing the rest of the night.

Sofka, I think you were on to something with the smell. MIL used to smoke and hasn't for the past couple of months, but I wonder if it was still lingering on her clothes? ?I had also thought about her being overtired and trying to get her to sleep earlier. I still think that has something to do with it, but she FIGHTS sleep, so I feel like all I am doing with her is trying to get her to go to sleep. Right now the Ergo is the only thing that works for naps.

At any rate, I am so much happier now that MIL is gone and I have my happy baby back. I hope next time she comes goes better. It makes me feel terrible that she thinks her granddaughter doesn't like her. THe experience did show me how much DD recognizes and loves DH - she lit up when he came home! He just melted...?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MIL update

• Options

glad to hear you have your happy baby back! DD also fights sleep, I just hope it gets better with age.

ah yes, Daddies and their little girls, it's amazing - they only have eyes for each other!

• Options

i just read your previous post and i think you might be onto something with the soothing. My friend's baby only liked to be soothed against your boobs and stomach sideways. Well no matter how many times she tried to explain this to her MIL she wouldn't do it.... guess she just "knew better" and then she would start getting all freaked out when the baby would cry so i think the baby picked up on that too.

Baby's like the be soothed the way mommy does it and MILs need to realize they aren't THAT child's mommy and need to listen.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"