2nd Trimester

Poll: What children's theme/character do you hate?

I hate Tweety Bird.  And what's worse is that I actually see him (her?) on adult clothing/accessories more than kids....WTF?

Tweety Bird Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Poll: What children's theme/character do you hate?

• Can I say all of them? Never liked them, never will.
  • All of it! It's horrible but I actually gag when i see any baby-cartoon character.

My mom tried to talk me into a Pooh bear diaper bag. Seriously. 

• Loading the player...
  • Barney, Teletubbies, The Wiggles, Dora...

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

I hate hate hate this stupid bear.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I swore I'd never let my son watch Barney, but... well, he LOVES Barney.  I don't mind too many characters as far as watching them on TV.

But on clothes?  Ick.  I HATE character clothes.  My son has a few shirts that other people bought him but nothing too outrageous.  I'd never buy him something with a big primary colored character on the front.  LOL.  Gross.

• Disney princesses.
  • I really hate them all too. Close call btwn Disney and Luney Toons for the worst.
  • Can't say I like any of it.
  • I don't like Tigger - he's obnoxious and inconsiderate...  It annoys me that he's popular even though he just seems so rude!

Also, Tinkerbell always looks kind of like a whore.

• I don't know how I am going to handle cartoons... I just cant stand them and especially shows like Barney and Sesame Street and I can't stand Elmo blehhh!
  • I hate elmo. I used to babysit a kid who was obsessed with him, to the point of copying the way he talked..so annoying.

• imageWendyBird&Chris:
    I don't know how I am going to handle cartoons... I just cant stand them and especially shows like Barney and Sesame Street and I can't stand Elmo blehhh!

Awww, see, I actually like the Sesame Street characters :)

I almost died when my MIL told me H's favorite was Bert.  Not Bert and Ernie.  Just Bert.  Grumpy, uni-brow Bert.  Bwahahaha!

• imageladysingstheblues:

I hate Tweety Bird.  And what's worse is that I actually see him (her?) on adult clothing/accessories more than kids....WTF?

I love you for saying this! And I hate tinkerbell too!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Dora... and I'm not sure if it counts but I could really do without Hannah Montana.
  • Looney tunes are the worst.

HOWEVER I must admit I have a few character scrub tops. opps, oh well its not like i wear them other then for work! I hate character clothes on adults or kids but somehow feel like nursing scrubs are an exception ( I didn't realize this until THIS post! LOL)

• imageLucky428:
    Dora... and I'm not sure if it counts but I could really do without Hannah Montana.

Oooh...Dora is another good one! I despise most cartoon characters today though.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sponge Bob & any looney tunes!
  • Barney - and I know we will be getting some kind of Barney from some friends for the baby, b/c DH made the mistake (long before I met him) of buying their child a great big singing Barney!  They've warned me since I first met them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • definitely pooh.
  • I hate them all! Pooh, Tweety you name it. I dont mind the movies, or shows but not on clothing or room decor!
  • Pretty much all characters on adult clothing!  Can't stand Winnie the Pooh crap! 

• imagejexxie:
    definitely pooh.

This!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• I hate Pooh baby stuff.  I think the show is great for kids though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dora (I think she's ugly what can I say??)

Animae stuff

• i can't understand this whole hot topic Tinkerbell as a whore trend!  its horribly tacky!

and my father has already bought pooh bear bibs and matching blanket....in those early 90's Structure shirt colors - navy maroon hunter green.

GAG!

• Same goes for me, especially Barney. If I hear that song ever again, it will be 2 soon.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • All!  I hope my SIL and MIL have taken note too (I've pointed this out as nicely as possible).  I don't like characters on any clothing.  My SIL on the other hand, I swear it is all she and her kids wears (Easter dresses, bathing suits, you name it).  All Disney all the time.  Even my MIL has some Disney tops.  They coordinate when they all go to Disney together.  Bleh.

Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • I HATE Tweety and Pooh, especially when it's adults wearing stuff with them on it like t-shirts or sweaters.

• Teletubbies, Barney and The Wiggles
  • imageI LUBBINS YOU!:

I hate hate hate this stupid bear.  

I am with you - can't stand the pooh

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have had it up to my eyeballs with Dora the freakin Explorer and Hannah Montana. Dora the Explorer is actually fine in theory, I'm just sick of seeing her and Diego's faces everywhere and on everything. And Hannah Montana is just ridiculous and a waste of childrens' valuable brain cells. As a first time mom, I will say my kids are only watching PBS (knowing full well that is bullsh!t and there will definitely be times when they watch whatever keeps them quiet).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Ha ha!  My whole baby's room is going to be in Winnie the Pooh.  Oh well, to each her own! Smile
  • I used to hate Dora but my 2-year-old loves her and it is a total lifesaver when I need a break to turn it on!  I hate Yo Gabba Gabba tho!

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would say Looney Toons of any sort are the worst, closely followed by Winnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse characters; but I really don't like any characters on anything.  Themes don't bug me as much in general, but I don't like really strong themes, either. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thomas the Train. HANDS DOWN
  • All of 'em.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"