Baby Showers

Who to invite?

I don't want to slight anyone, nor do I want to appear to be a gift grabber. I'm having shower that is primarily for the maternal side of my family, but I will be including my father's very very small side of the family. An invitation to my paternal grandmother is a no brainer. Here's where I'm a bit confused. My uncle, a life long bachelor, has recently met the woman of his dreams this past summer. They are very much in love, and my uncle fully intends to marry her. I have yet to meet her, though everyone else in my family has. Do I send her an invitation, since she is in a serious relationship with my uncle and a potential aunt?

Also, my shower will be in Texas, my ILs live in Ohio. I know my ILs will not be able to come to the shower, but I'm assuming it's only polite to send an invitation to my MIL and SIL. Is that right? Should I send one to my DH's grandmother as well?

Re: Who to invite?

• Whoops, one more question. DH has a younger half sister (14 yr old). Should she receive her own invitation, or be included on MIL's (her step-mother) invitation.
  • I'm assuming you're not throwing your own shower and when you say "I" you really mean "the Hostess who is not me".  In that case:

I would not invite the uncle's girlfriend.

Yes you need to invite the IL's even though you know they can't come.

I think it would be very nice for the sister to get her own invitation.  14 is a touchy age and she would probably appreciate the "grown up" feeling of getting her own invite. 

• Loading the player...
  • yes, invite them all, future aunt will feel welcomed into family, in laws for sure, and seperate invite for 14 year old. she will feel special. 
  • The invites are not really from you, right?  I would invite them all.  I remember when I was just getting to know my DH's family and it meant so much to me when they would include me in things like that.  I think it will mean a lot to your uncle too.

I would also invite the MIL Grandma and SIL.  Maybe follow up with a call saying that you know that they most likly will not be there but you wanted them to know that they were missed and being thought of.  My MIL loves collecting the invitations to events and wanted one to my showers even though she was not able to attend. I see know reason to send anyone under the age of 18 living in the same home an invitation of their own.

Have fun at your shower!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"