Secondary IF

Tell me about the HSG procedure.

Is it painful?  Uncomfortable?

I'm a little nervous.  And I've got about three weeks to work myself up over it.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.

Re: Tell me about the HSG procedure.

• I had mine a couple years ago, but from what I remember, it doesn't take very long. When they put the dye in, it only lasts 10 seconds or so, but it was like the very worst menstrual cramp I've ever had, so pretty painful. But short lived! I think I took some ibuprofen afterwards. I got pg a couple months later so well worth it in my opinion. GL!

• It was fast, but not comfortable. I had a lot of bloating and cramping in the days following, but overall, I am glad I had it!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just had mine last Friday, and it was virtually painless.  Don't work yourself up--really!  I have heard that how fast the dye is injected into your uterus can really make a difference in your level of discomfort--where are you having yours done?  My RE's office did mine, and I could tell the doc does these a lot--he injected the dye slowly and steadily, and there really was no pain to speak of.  Just try to stay calm and breathe normally--that helps too.  You can watch the progress of the dye through your uterus and tubes, so that was a helpful distraction. Good luck! 
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker missed m/c 9/08 at 12 weeks missed m/c 1/09 at 8 weeks diagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis 5/09 diagnosed MTHFR 5/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"