Orange County Babies

kalichick

Hi!

I know this has been asked a million times before but I'm hoping you can help.  We're in the process of exploring pre-school for my daughter as she'll be turning 3 in June.  We'll be visiting two centers here in the next few weeks but I am interested in exploring in home programs in my area as well.  I think you've posted a referral number/site before if I'm not mistaken?  I want to be sure they're licensed, etc.  Thank you!

Re: kalichick

• Hey Niki,

No problems at all!! What area are you looking in? 

The site is https://www.ccld.ca.gov/docs/ccld_search/ccld_search.aspx.

If I can be of any help please let me know!!  I would highly recommend a preschool over in home (unless it's a preschool program and not an in home with babies, etc).  If you have questions please feel free to email me at kim at plumfieldschool dot com.

Good luck!
    Kim

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thanks a million! ?Sorry, I should've been more clear... she is currently in an in home daycare and words can't express how happy we've been with the care but we know it's almost time for the next step for her. ?I am interested in both centers and if anyone in our area has an in home pre-school type program with no infants. ?Would an in home pre-school most likely be a large family home? ?The terminology is so confusing. ?Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Niki,

Yes, an in home preschool will most likely be classified as a large family home.  There aren't may out there that solely do preschool and that are good.  There used to be one in Orange but she retired a year ago.

If I remember correctly you are in the Yorba Linda area.  There are a few good schools out in that area.  My best advice is to search the internet for preschools in the city(ies) you want to look in.  You should find that many of them will have websites.  Then use the site that I gave you and see who else is out there.  Start calling and go look.  Once you have narrowed it down call the number that's listed as the DO Phone (it should be 714-703-2800 for any school in Orange County) and ask for a violation history.  This will tell you any times the school has been in violation of the rules and regulations.  Some stuff is normal (things like incomplete paperwork as I think even the best schools can easily fall in to this trap) but others are red flags. 

If you need any other info, please feel free to ask!! Preschool searching is a pretty overwhelming experience!!

Oh and I agree, at 3 she is most likely ready to move in to a preschool from an in home.  It's a pretty typical age/stage that we get children in to our center.  In homes are wonderful for young children but most will admit that they simply can't give preschoolers what they need because they have kids of so many different ages.

Good luck!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• You're the best... thank you!  We live in YL but want a pre-school in the Brea area.  I will probably email you once I've made my visits!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"