Babies: 0 - 3 Months

infant floating seats

All of the pool floats that I'm finding for babies are 6 mos or older.  Are any of you buying something like this or did you find something for babies younger then 6 mos?

Re: infant floating seats

• Does a baby under 6 months really need to be floating in a pool? 
  • Wow, I was doing the same thing last night.  I think the reason they are for 6+ months is they have no support if your child can't sit independently.  Here is the only one I found, but I wanted one with a canopy, the tropical island one is for infants I think.

https://www.poolcenter.com/pooltoys_infant_toddler.htm

• Loading the player...
  • imageKaren_77:
    Does a baby under 6 months really need to be floating in a pool? 

Why would you NOT bring a baby in a pool and put her in a float?

• imagelillanmer:

Wow, I was doing the same thing last night.  I think the reason they are for 6+ months is they have no support if your child can't sit independently.  Here is the only one I found, but I wanted one with a canopy, the tropical island one is for infants I think.

https://www.poolcenter.com/pooltoys_infant_toddler.htm

Thanks for the link...I also want one with a canopy but I'm wondering if I could get enough shade from the tropical island's palm tree

• imagebug&beetle:

imageKaren_77:
    Does a baby under 6 months really need to be floating in a pool? 

Why would you NOT bring a baby in a pool and put her in a float?

??  I'm not talking about just sticking a baby in the pool, I'm referring to having a baby under 6 months hanging out in a pool for an extensive amount of time that they would need pool gear............ I can see maybe sticking their feet in or going to a baby pool but just don't see why a baby under 6 months needs to be exposed to the heat, sun, chlorine for an extended period of time that they would need their own floatation device...........

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"