Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Formula Feeding schedule for a 7 week old?

We are formula feeding and our schedule is driving us nuts.  I want to try something else, but want to know what works for others.  If you could give me an idea of how many ounces given and how long you wait between feedings (especially at night), that would help a lot.  TIA

Re: Formula Feeding schedule for a 7 week old?

• L turned 2 months today.  she's been eating 5-6 oz every 4-5 hours.  she usually takes a bottle from 8-9pm, sleeps until 3-4am, gets another bottle, and sleeps until about 7-8am.  we have tried feeding her later than 8-9pm (so i can sleep a little more into the morning), but she will usually still wake up around 4am.  i think she's just used to it by now.  hth!
  • Elliot eats between 4-5 oz every 2.5-4 hours during the day.  It really depends on the day.  He goes to sleep somewhere between 9 and 11 depending on how easy he is to get down that night and usually it "topped off" right before he goes to sleep.  Then he will wake up about 6.5 hours later to eat, go back to sleep for a few hours, and back up for the day.  Probably not much help but that is our schedule.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Schedule?  What's that??  My son will be 7 weeks on Wednesday.  He's a little over 12 lbs and has always been a good eater.  We're not really on a schedule yet.  It usually ends up being about 5-6 oz every 2 hours during the day.  Goes to bed around 7-7:30 and is up at 1:30-2 to eat.

But, if he shows signs of hunger before the 2 hours or after he's had 6 oz, we offer him more.  I think he's going through a growth spurt still so we aren't really holding tight to a schedule.

• At 7 weeks, DS was eating 4 to 4.5 ounces every 3 hours.  Sometimes during the day he would go between 2.5 and 3.5, but at night it was 3 hours on the dot.  He still eats 8 times a day, so we're probably not the best example, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 4.5 oz every 2.5-3 hours. ?He will go 4 hours sometimes at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"