Secondary IF
Options

Curious poll ---

I'm just curious if you ever drink during your 2ww.  I don't mean get raging drunk - but a glass of wine here or there.  Before we started with the RE, I lived by the rule "drink til it's pink"...but since going to the RE, I haven't wanted to give any reason for not getting PG. 

What do you do?  

(I'm not a lush--- just curious to know if others are doing the same or if I'm in the minority.  We're going to a bbq this weekend and it always draws attention if I don't have a glass of wine).

TIA

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
imageimage
imageimage

Re: Curious poll ---

• Options
    A glass of wine will be fine! It won't get in the way of you getting pg, and I believe the baby doesn't share anything with you til 6 weeks anyway. Either way, it will be fine just don't overdo it.  :)
  • Options
    A glass of wine is fine.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you aren't even sharing the same blood supply until you get a positive test.  I can't really remember now!
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My RE told me it was fine to have a glass of wine, but he didn't want me to drink much more than that. 
  • Options
    When I first started TTC I didnt drink at all while on stims or in the 2ww. That left me CD 1 & 2 to have a drink. After it started taking a while I decided that I couldnt put my whole life on hold every month. So yes, I would have a glass or wine or two every now and again or a beer. (Mainly if I was going to a cook out or out with friends to avoid the questions). I never got drunk, just had a glass now and again. As long as you dont over do it you should be fine. (And of course stop as soon as you see that second line!!) Good luck!!!Big Smile
  • Options

I don't think a glass or two will hurt.  That said, I very rarely drink alcohol at all so I don't even really worry about it. 

If you are worried about it raising questions how about having a wine spritzer or something like it and just load up on the club soda?

• Options

I'm not normally much of a drinker, but the cycle I got my BFP with DD (no treatment) I was drinking in the 2ww.  I was at my parents' and it was the week of July 4. 

If I happen to get a BFP this cycle, it will be the same scenario, with the exception that I got blasted at the party we had for my dad the night of his funeral (Before anyone says anything about this - it's what he wanted.  He specifically told my om over the years that when he died, he wanted her to throw the biggest party the town had ever seen.  And we did.)

• Options
    imageJays-n-Shane:

I'm not normally much of a drinker, but the cycle I got my BFP with DD (no treatment) I was drinking in the 2ww.  I was at my parents' and it was the week of July 4. 

If I happen to get a BFP this cycle, it will be the same scenario, with the exception that I got blasted at the party we had for my dad the night of his funeral (Before anyone says anything about this - it's what he wanted.  He specifically told my om over the years that when he died, he wanted her to throw the biggest party the town had ever seen.  And we did.)

I am so sorry for your loss. 

I would hope that no one would blast you for that, I think it is great, and your family did what your dad wanted.  Your daddy is looking down on you and smiling. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"