Oregon Babies

3D US in PDX area? W side...

Where will you, did you go?  Any recs?  What week did you decide to go?

Re: 3D US in PDX area? W side...

• We went to NW Prenatal US...they were great to work with! Our little boy REFUSED to cooperate and kept playing with his toes (in front of his face) the entire time...they ended up letting us come back TWO more times so that we could actually see him (free of charge!). We did our first one around 31 weeks. :)

https://nwprenatalultrasound.com/

• I didn't do one, but have heard many great things about NW Prenatal, and if I was going to get one, I would go there.  They do weekday specials too, if your schedule works for that.  The weekends fill up fast.

I've also heard that you want to do it before their eyes open, as they look "freaky" if you get it done too late, cause their eyes look like big empty holes.  I want to say between week 28-32 maybe is the time to do it?  The 2nd or 3rd tri boards may be able to help better with this one...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I also used Nw prenatal ultrasound... we also had trouble with what we think is a boy having the umbilical cord near his little weenie and couldn't get a 100% answer.  She had us come back a 2nd time and we had the same thing happen.. she said that if at our Dr office ultrasound that they told us we were having a girl, we could come back again if we wanted.  She was SOO nice and talked to baby most of the time we were in there doing the ultrasound.  We only did the 2D because we just were wanting to find the sex.  Also, I had called the other Beaverton 3D place and was going to go with them until I called NW and was told it would be a waste of money to do the 3D because baby is so skinny it won't look ask good.  I felt that they were so honest!  The other place was ready to take my money!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We didn't have this done but we had an u/s at OHSU where we delivered at 30 weeks and they turned on the 3D for us for a little while and we got some nice video and pictures from that. She still looked a little skinny at that point, so I'd say around 34 weeks would have been better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"