Philadelphia Babies

Deliver at Paoli Hospital

So...we'll be delivering at Paoli hospital in the coming weeks and after the maternity ward tour, am feeling great about them.

I do have a few questions though for anyone who has delivered there...

1.  I keep hearing about things that the hospitals give you as starter supplies to take with you...ie. diapers, peri-bottles, etc.   What did Paoli give you...what should I buy in advance since they didn;t give it

2.  What things do you wish you had brought to the hospital that you wanted?

3.  What things were you surprised that you didn't need that you had packed?

TIA, Ladies!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014

Re: Deliver at Paoli Hospital

• Congrats on your little boy! I delivered at Paoli and was really pleased. The nurses were great and I felt that we were really taken care of. To answer your questions:

1. They let us take diapers, the sponge they washed the baby with, and a bag with pads, peri bottle, mesh undies, etc. You really don't need to bring anything for baby except a coming home outfit and car seat.

2. I wish I had brought slippers... don't know why I hadn't thought of that before. I was glad to have my own nightgown and bathroom supplies. I had a c-section and it felt soooo good to shower. I also wish I had brought my own towel... theirs are really small and scratchy.

3. I brought a lot of extra undies, socks, and clothes. I only used my nightgowns and nursing tanks/coming home outfit.

<>I brought my boppy but left it in the car. DH got it later. They pretty much have all that you'll need there so don't overpack. It's hard not to but you'll be glad no to have to pack a ton on your last day. Good luck!

• thank you soo much!

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"