Canada Babies

Baby Monitors

What kind do you have? What are the pros and cons about it?

My SIL has a video monitor and loves it. My boss had an Angel Care Monitor and loved it when her son was a baby.

I am the type of person that will be running in checking on baby every 20 mins to make sure that he/she is breathing. So maybe the Angel Care is the way to go? I've heard so many mixed reviews on it though....

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby Monitors

• I have a video monitor and love it!  I keep it turned on all night but with the sound off since DS' room is super close and I hear him when he wakes up.  I turn on the screen if I want to see what he's doing, or if he's actually up or just fussing and re-adjusting.  That being said, he was in our room until 7 1/2 months and I only used it for naps before that.  I think it would have done the job, but I know some people like the reassurance of the Angel Care monitor.  I know some ladies who have it and they have said it does wake them up and scare them sometimes when really everything is alright, but they like it anyway. 
  • We have the AngelCare monitor and love it.  I think that a lot of people don't install the sensor (under the mattress) correctly leading to a lot of false alarms.  This is why I think this monitor has had a lot of mixed reviews in the past.  Personally we only ever had one false alarm in the 2.5 years that we used it. When DS started crawling ( 5 months old)  he had managed to work his way to the very end of the crib so he was too far from the sensor to detect him.

We plan on using this monitor again with #2.

• Loading the player...
  • imagegoldenprincess:

We have the AngelCare monitor and love it.  I think that a lot of people don't install the sensor (under the mattress) correctly leading to a lot of false alarms.  This is why I think this monitor has had a lot of mixed reviews in the past. 

^^ completely agree with this.  We have the Angelcare also & love it.  We have never had a false alarm & I loved seeing the little pendulum swinging back & forth (indicating DD is breathing), so comforting.  Our other favorite thing is that it's not an open channel but only turns on when DD makes a sound loud enough to activate it (you can easily adjust the sensitivity).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we also had Angel Care and loved it!
  • Angie, I just found this post about the Angelcare monitor. https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/13623524.aspx It was made by someone on the 3rd Tri board and I think I agree with everything she says.
  • Thanks for all of the input. I think this is the way we will go.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know most of the girls rec. the Angel care but I HIGHLY rec. a video monitor. I LOVE LOVE mine. When DS was a newborn I had nothing because we were in the travel trailer and I could hear him since he was only 15 feet away. Once we moved into our house we hooked up the video monitor and I loved that I could see him in his crib. I now still use it and don't think I can give it up! I don't have the volume turned on because I can hear him if he wakes in the night. When he does make noise I love that I can roll over and watch him in the monitor instead if waking up to check on him. It also comes in handy during nap time when I want to check on him so I dont have to sneak into his room risking waking him up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"