Baby Showers
Options

what did you do for a baby shower when your guest of honor is on bedrest?

My sister is on bedrest and we would love to throw her a shower, but we have 60+ people to invite and they won't fit in her house. Any suggestions

Re: what did you do for a baby shower when your guest of honor is on bedrest?

• Options

My advice (if she's up for it) is to just have a REALLY small shower w/ her truly closest friends and make it a "slumber party" kind of thing.  You don't HAVE to invite those 60 people!  And if they want to get her a gift, I'm sure they will get one regardless.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Can she be on bed rest at a bigger house that will fit the amount of guests??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You have the shower after the baby is born.
  • Options

imagejj_sbride:

This

2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    bedrest doesnt mean that she can't get dressed and go somewhere for an hour or two, if she is doing well, right? i guess it depends on the guest of honor and her situation...
  • Options
    Either a) make it smaller b) throw it after baby or c) get doctor's permission to go to shower (I've seen this done around here).
  • Options

imagejj_sbride:

This!

• Options
    I went to my shower while on pretty strict bedrest (I was to only get up to use the restroom, get a drink and take a very short shower). Now I sat in a recliner with my feet up for most the shower, there was no walking around. They were going to do the shower after but I needed to get out of the house, 10 weeks is a long time to stay inside one place.
  • Options
    I think if shes on bedrest, being on bedrest myself, that it would be nice for her to get out.  I dont think it would be a problem if you were able to provide her with a chair that allows her feet to be propped up...have her ask her doctor to see what they think, but I cant see why it wouldnt be okay if everyone lifted and did things for her.  I know Id be sad if I couldnt have a shower while I had a Mommy belly :)  Its one of the fun things in pregnancy, especially when most of the enjoyment is taken away by BED REST!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

What about an open house style event?  That way, the mom to be can still be at her house, and yet have a larger number of vistors as people come and go.  Also, she wouldn't have to worry about moving the gifts, they would still be there.

Or, instead of having one big party, what about having three smaller parties.  For example, I'm guessing that one group is friends, her side of the family and his side of the family (and possibly people from work).  Also, this way it stretches out the visiting time for the mom to be.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Co-worker was on bedrest for her shower - not strict, but had the potential to get that point.  Doctor gave her permission to go if she only A) had an appointment a day or 2 and got a final ok, B) made an appointment for the following day and C) went on strict bedrest in the days preceeding the shower.
    TTC since 2005. DS via IVF - 02/10 Baby #2 - due 10/16/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"