Trouble TTC

DH Fashion Confessions?

Okay ladies, put 'em here.

Anything your DH wears that makes you cring a bit? Or...USED to wear, until you got your fashionable hands on him?

For me...it was tshirts with anything beer related on them. He used to wear them at university, and kept on going with them.

Beer advertisment on clothing -  I just don't like.

How about your DH?

Re: DH Fashion Confessions?

• Oh my this is going to be a long reply lol

1. He used to wear Sean John baggy jeans with his super nice shirts. His excuse was that his ass and legs are too big and he doesn't like the jeans to be tight. I get that but I do get that jeans come in different styles and now with my help he wears really cute ones that show his fab a$$  and are not too tight! :P

2. His old suits. Look @ number 1 and that was the same brand/reason. I called them the elephant pants. eww

3. I'm still working on the fact that he only likes shoes that are completely squared in the front. Not bad but there are so many nice shoes out there that are not squared (likes) or round (dislikes).

4. GEL is good for your hair lol

5. Nike shorts are NOT for the boat or the beach they are for the GYM!

Ok I think I'm going to stop now b/c my poor DH has come a looooong way and look very nice! :) 

• This is DH before we got married. He always wanted to wear black socks with his shorts! Ugh, I HATED it! Lol

ps, hello fellow GP beauties!  I'll keep the secret, I promise. Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Either his old nerd glasses (they kind of made him look like a pedophile) or his super nasty, ugly, stained socks.  Ick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glow: I love your new ticker! It made me laugh because in my head I said Arrg when I saw it...wow, I'm lame...haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH actually has a really good sense of fashion, but I think he may be color blink. He has this pair of nice dress pants that he swears are brown. I say they have a green tint to them. Needless to say he wears things with them that CLASH. Yuck. Other than that, he's generally really good and a lot of times he can give me good advice about what to pair with what.
  • imageGlowconsin:

Either his old nerd glasses (they kind of made him look like a pedophile) or his super nasty, ugly, stained socks.  Ick.

haha I had to laugh at the pedophile remark 

• imageSavat:
    DH actually has a really good sense of fashion, but I think he may be color blink. He has this pair of nice dress pants that he swears are brown. I say they have a green tint to them. Needless to say he wears things with them that CLASH. Yuck. Other than that, he's generally really good and a lot of times he can give me good advice about what to pair with what.

Has he ever been tested for that? My DH is color blind and struggles with brown and purple alot. Other colors too, but those for sure.

• imageGlowconsin:

Either his old nerd glasses (they kind of made him look like a pedophile) or his super nasty, ugly, stained socks.  Ick.

LOL glow!

• When we started dating he wore cargo shorts and hollister shirts. Drove me crazy!! I got rid of all of that BEFORE the wedding! ;)

Now all he wears is jeans or flat front shorts with Polo's. He has a great sense of style, but COME ON... mix it up a bit! 

Saz- my husband will only wear round toe dress shoes. He is in law school and very much a fan of classic fashion, but please DH wear the gorgeous brown square toed dress shoes I got you! 

• I don't know. I've never noticed it in anything else. It's just this pair of pants and he drives me crazy with it.
  • Where should I begin?

His Jimmy Buffet hawaiian shirts collection makes me cringe. His old football state champion high school t's (he is totally re-living his HS glory days. Enough!). He wouldn't let me throw away his socks with holes in them because it is a "waste". I threw them away anyways....and he never noticed! His mismatched socks. I'm trying to get him to stop wearing cargo pants all the freakin time.

I guess it doesn't help that he works in academia with a bunch of profs that look slovenly all the time.

• imageFutureMrs.Thomaston:

When we started dating he wore cargo shorts and hollister shirts. Drove me crazy!! I got rid of all of that BEFORE the wedding! ;)

Now all he wears is jeans or flat front shorts with Polo's. He has a great sense of style, but COME ON... mix it up a bit! 

Saz- my husband will only wear round toe dress shoes. He is in law school and very much a fan of classic fashion, but please DH wear the gorgeous brown square toed dress shoes I got you! 

My DH is very classic too and I'm trying to make him a little less stiff when it comes to trying new things. So far I;ve had luck with everything but the damn shoes. Wait now that I think of it I bought him Prada sneaker type of shoe for Christmas and he likes those (they are round). 

That's the answer: throw away what he owns and buy him new stuff and he won't have any other choice!!! YAY!! LOL 

• For the most part, DH has great fashion sense. There are some lapses in judgement at times (He loves a hideous white suit, but that's been in the back of the closet for years now :-P). During the weekends though, he likes to be a bit of a slob: read basketball shorts and wife beaters. I sometimes wish he'd clean up a bit on his down time but he says he works hard all week and wants to relax!
  • imageSavat:
    DH actually has a really good sense of fashion, but I think he may be color blink. He has this pair of nice dress pants that he swears are brown. I say they have a green tint to them. Needless to say he wears things with them that CLASH. Yuck. Other than that, he's generally really good and a lot of times he can give me good advice about what to pair with what.

DH is colorblind (red/green).  It's fairly amusing sometimes.  We have some bowls that he swears are green, but they are actually blue.

• imageAmanda_&_Eric:

Glow: I love your new ticker! It made me laugh because in my head I said Arrg when I saw it...wow, I'm lame...haha

Thanks!  The pirates amused me too.  I was glad I finally found a combination that I didn't think was lame.

• i wish my dh would wear tshirts once in a while! he insists it's "gross" to wear them outside the house. he also loves to tell me how sweatpants are disgusting, as i put them on any time i'm at home (i'm big on comfort).

i wish he would wear jeans and a shirt without a formal jacket, i think it looks like someone who is going to be photographed only from the waist up so they don't put on dressy pants to match. i wish he'd be a little more casual, we live in oklahoma.

• imageFutureMrs.Thomaston:

When we started dating he wore cargo shorts and hollister shirts. Drove me crazy!! I got rid of all of that BEFORE the wedding! ;)

my dh insists that flat front pants/ shorts look "awful" on him and will only wear pleated? i don't really notice the difference and it's annoying because almost all pants he looks at and wants are flat front!

• imageLexi0402:
    For the most part, DH has great fashion sense. There are some lapses in judgement at times (He loves a hideous white suit, but that's been in the back of the closet for years now :-P). During the weekends though, he likes to be a bit of a slob: read basketball shorts and wife beaters. I sometimes wish he'd clean up a bit on his down time but he says he works hard all week and wants to relax!
    sounds exactly like my DH. He has a great sense of style, but on the weekends he wears these shorts that have a huge hole on one leg (did a poll on this a few weeks back) that I want to get rid of so bad. He says the same, he works all week and would like to just relax.
  • imagetct1219:
    imageFutureMrs.Thomaston:

my dh insists that flat front pants/ shorts look "awful" on him and will only wear pleated? i don't really notice the difference and it's annoying because almost all pants he looks at and wants are flat front!

OMG I HATE pleated pants and now DH doesn't buy them unless I approve first lol 

• imagetct1219:

i wish my dh would wear tshirts once in a while! he insists it's "gross" to wear them outside the house. he also loves to tell me how sweatpants are disgusting, as i put them on any time i'm at home (i'm big on comfort).

i wish he would wear jeans and a shirt without a formal jacket, i think it looks like someone who is going to be photographed only from the waist up so they don't put on dressy pants to match. i wish he'd be a little more casual, we live in oklahoma.

Tell your DH that sweats are the best thing EVER! lol I live in mine, they are so comfy 

• imagesazzette:
    imagetct1219:

i wish my dh would wear tshirts once in a while! he insists it's "gross" to wear them outside the house. he also loves to tell me how sweatpants are disgusting, as i put them on any time i'm at home (i'm big on comfort).

Tell your DH that sweats are the best thing EVER! lol I live in mine, they are so comfy 

haha i tell him all the time, it's not working! i'm actually wearing them now, he'll have a nice non-sexy surprise when he gets home! 

• imagesazzette:

My DH is very classic too and I'm trying to make him a little less stiff when it comes to trying new things. So far I;ve had luck with everything but the damn shoes. Wait now that I think of it I bought him Prada sneaker type of shoe for Christmas and he likes those (they are round). 

That's the answer: throw away what he owns and buy him new stuff and he won't have any other choice!!! YAY!! LOL 

i can't wait to get enough courage to do this. he's so set in his ways, though, that i think if i did he might literally have a heart attack.

• imagetct1219:
    imageFutureMrs.Thomaston:

The only thing my husband will wear with pleats are his suits. I much prefer the flat front, but he wants to keep the "classic" look. He just had a beautiful gray suit made and he wanted it with pleats, I begged him to get flat front... but he didn't listen! men!

• imagetct1219:
    imagesazzette:

i can't wait to get enough courage to do this. he's so set in his ways, though, that i think if i did he might literally have a heart attack.

Oh no we don't want a heart attack. My DH is very hard headed but since I worked  (and  studied) fashion he's more open b/c I'm the expert in the relationship lol Just keep mentioning it and he'll come around at some point! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"