Florida Babies
Options

Bayfront Hospital in St Pete

Any reviews? I am newer to the area and don't know what their reputation is. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Bayfront Hospital in St Pete

• Options
    I am delivering at Morton Plant in Downtown Clearwater because I live in Clearwater.  But if I lived in St. Pete that would be my only choice.
  • Options
    I live in St. Pete and will be going to Morton Plant. You can choose any hospital that you like, as long as your Dr. delivers there... I would avoid St. Pete General as much as I could. My SIL also delivered both of my nephews at Morton Plant and lives in St. Pete.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had a few friends deliver at bayfront and they had a horrible experiece. Not only are you just considered a number but if they are full they put you in rooms no bigger than a closet, noone ever checks on you and noone seems to even care. I delivered at St Pete General and the staff there make you feel welcomed and they have a whole entire floor that caters to maternity, there nurses are so nice, they offer many classes breastfeeding, Lamaze etc. Not to mention there is a Drs office next door that delivers there...Obgyn and Associates 344-6060..Not sure why MrsNnr doesnt like it but I know lots of people that have had no issued there..Hope this helps.
  • Options

Depending on your location in St. Pete, you might want to look into Tampa General or St. Josephs Women's in Tampa.  I am debating between both of them and I live in St. Pete.  My neighbors also chose to deliver in Tampa bc the St. Pete hospitals just dont have as good of standards.  Just my opinion

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was there for 10 days on hospital bed rest.  Some of the staff was very nice.  My only problem was that it was a little crowded and for some of my visit I had to share a room. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I got a notice from them in the mail saying they have been completely renovating their maternity ward and it should be done by the fall of 2009.

While Bayfront is an excellent place for trauma and emergency care, from what I've *heard*, they aren't that great with their maternity care. The wing gets crowded very quickly, you could get stuck in a closet sized room... and there's lots of baby-daddy/mama-drama that can go on up there (this I saw with my own eyes when I went for a tour there! A fight in the hall between a woman and her TWO "suspected' 'baby-daddies' - not the kind of thing I want to be hearing in the halls of the place I deliver at) I personally did not want to deliver there.

Instead, I chose to deliver up at Mease Countryside. My good friend had delivered there and the maternity wing was beautiful - large roomy rooms, friendly and caring staff, and their food was like, gourmet! LOL. I had such a wonderful experience there that I'd like to deliver there again, but I'm not so sure I will ONLY because the commute up there was a pain! But if you don't mind that, I'd highly recommend that hospital.

Then again, Bayfront is supposed to be changing a lot in the fall, so maybe things will be different there re: room sizes, etc.

• Options

I am going to deliver at Morton Plant in Clearwater (my OB/GYN is there, and I am hoping for a water-view room!!) I have heard that Bayfront is good, but that it is better for high-risk pregnancies, since the children's hospital is right there.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"